do you believe "Scientist" has "over $100k" in his trading account?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ah yeah? Who says? :)

So, mister 7-post "FLESH GORDON", did you sign up for an extra account just to say this? I appreciate your efforts and concerns. Perhaps you're another one of Gordon Gekko's 2,369 aliases - either way Gordon, sorry about your ban from ET - I never thought you were that bad a guy, really.

Regarding your question, I will answer that: Personally, I am having no difficulties, and the notion of "blowing up" would imply severe violation of money management / risk control measures. This is a topic I've discussed in the past, perhaps you should search my posts. Personally, I tend to rarely risk more than 1-1.5% of equity in a single (futures) day trade, and in longer term trades, I usually diversify over multiple instruments to offset the increased exposure, or use even less size.

These are very simple, but very effective guidelines. If you follow them consistently, you should not have to fear the "blow-out" situation.

I hope that helped you a little. Either way - enjoy! :cool:

#161     May 10, 2004
  2. Hi Neil,
    Thank you for your friendly comments. I can see from the quality of your post that you are a mature, fulfilled, happy and self-confident person, so while perhaps not exactly 2,000 words, I will try to get as close as possible.

Regarding the "lying" part, I will notion that I can't remember having lied on this forum in the past - but since we're all anonymous, who gives a whistle anyway?

But mind you, when it comes to proving a point, I've never stepped back. A couple of months ago or so, people stood me a challenge to prove my trading in the live market, with all signals posted on charts, live, and all of them at or even long before the fact. Not scalping, either, but very decent moves...

I gave in to the requests, and posted an entire futures trading session LIVE, with charts attached, ENTRIES MARKED, PRECISE EXITS MARKED up to HOURS IN ADVANCE. It was all there to see, posted live and for everybody. Many people followed. Yet still there's clueless morons like you around.

As it turned out, the "day of truth" ended with me calling the 2 tops and 2 bottoms (yes, total of 4) for the day precisely within only a few ticks, and that within a range of over 100T for the day. Apart from all trades winners, the net for the day was roughly +250T, at the same tick value as ES, that's the equivalent of 62.5 ES points in a single day.

It was no chance, either. Sure I couldn't predict the market, but I played my plan, as I do every day. I also explained it all on charts, answered every single question asked by people regarding exactly how and why I did what I did, for days and days after, in PM, in email, and right here on ET. Nothing was left open. In fact, now I think I gave away more of my methods than I should have. And worse even, I'm still getting emails today regarding this trading session!

Well, for some reason, you must have missed the action. But it's all there on Baruch's Forex Trading Journal, and by the way not just this one day, but a quantity of other live trades I posted sporadically over the course of the thread.

If you don't believe it, I'm sure the honorable people like Baruch, Jayford and others can vouch for it. And of course the timestamps on the calls and charts I posted. Here's the thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29553&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

By the way, I am not aware of any ET member who's ever even come close to approaching my performance in live calls. But then, I won't tempt my vital amount of humility here - instead I'd love to see you contribute your own calls and beat me - I'm sure you could do so much better than me. Make sure you email me when you're there.

Enjoy! :)
    Sci.

#162     May 10, 2004
  3. aphexcoil - what a beautiful post! I don't quite know what to say, other than "brilliant" and that you hit the nail on the head. I swear, had you not written these great lines, I would have never replied here again.

And for all the others reading this - this is precisely the reason I quit visiting ET. I used to believe in an altruistic motive by sharing ideas with other members in this forum. However, I have come to the realization that unfortunately, far too many people are more interested in destructive behaviour, envy, and bashing. Perhaps that's just me - in which case I'm even happier not to participate. My deepest admiration goes to people like aphie, acrary, Cutten etc for coping with all the BS, and throwing some brilliant thoughts in here from time to time. Without them, this forum could be a neanderthal battlefield.

As for professional exchange - I have withdrawn into a very small circle of excellent day traders, who I communicate with live and every day on the screens. When it comes to the job of trading the markets, that's all I need for inspiration and communication. The rest of the time, I need to focus on the flow, anyway.

Nowadays I invest the time not burnt "discussing" on ET anymore, on more important aspects of my life. Instead, I am working out and improving my health, meditating, reading books, having fun, having parties, meeting friends, doing more artwork, driving my car around, going on holidays and spending more time with the woman I love.

Why would I give even an hour of all this away, just to attend arguments and silly polls like this one on some anonymous internet forum? And if you have a look around, you'll find that many of the greatest people around have left this forum for similar reasons.

Still, my greetings go to all the great people here, including my never-sleeping stalkers LongShot, Gordon Gekko etc, all of whom are interesting individuals in their own right - people who've given this forum the face of intellectual and spritual diversity of which it is so characteristic today. It surely is neither good nor bad. It just is.

Thanks again to aphexcoil for your wise and inspirational post. I think everybody else here should spare a minute or two to have a good think about it.

Warmest Regards and Goodbye,
    Scientist

#163     May 10, 2004
  4. do us a all "low-lifes" a favor and stay with your merry band of "good daytraders" your hinus

#164     May 10, 2004
  5. wow! that's incredible! :p

i see you still can't resist bragging about your email. until today, i haven't replied to this thread in like half a year. i am willing to let this go, but if we must continue....

this says it all, imo:
    or maybe this:
    ok, so in other words, you had 1 "marginally losing day" (due to commissions) in 5.5 months? :p

i await your attacks using the "snooptrader" alias. please keep them to 2000 words or less. :D

#165     May 10, 2004
  6. lol WTG Gordon, expose 'im for the POSER he is ,,, nice job (its all about prob's) :p

#166     May 10, 2004
  7. A very funny thread and good for many laughs ...
    I guess one has to be careful about how one is wording posts - especially with regards to the fact that electronic forums like these offer "very limited sensory input" to back the bursts of words being tapped on the keyboard at all hours around the world.

Young people most often have things to straighten out when it comes to how they really want to behave - and finding out how to interact with their surroundings. When people become older they generally become more reflected - or "wise".

Scientist is probably no exception, as are numerous other youngsters and stubborns here. Sometimes one can challenge the remarks made by those who claim deep knowledge - if you yourself have some knowledge - and thus you can be impressed, correct the erroneous poster or maybe call a bluff.

I'm most proud of being able to retire before 30, having made 10 friends from university millionaires with me ...
    But timing was great - in late 1999.
    Doing martial arts sure is a confidence booster - but after having some serious knockdowns during full-contact sparring you'll know better than to be too confident - and better work on some defense. Watching e.g a Kyokushin-kai black belt graduation in a credible no-nosnense club - with 1000 pushups and non-stop continuos sparring with 10 black belt opponents, can impress most of us. ( a similar curriculum can be seen here - http://www.pris.bc.ca/karate/adultsyllabus.htm#shodan )
    A skill in computer languages often seeds a skill or interest in human languages - as linguistics is frequently used in computer science.
    Knowing 4-10 human languages and 20+ programming languages is really not that uncommon at computer science courses where I come from. It might be a little more difficult if you hail from a large nation where foreign languages are not prioritized or even ridiculed as part of the national feel-good pep talks. Ignorance at some levels seem more frequent for those who mostly cling to the national babble all their lives.

So here are my stats: I know 8 languages almost fluently and 4 other languages pretty well, 20+ computer languages and made USD millionaire before 30 as well as 10 other friends millionaires. I trained martial arts for 11 years - including Kickboxing and other full-contact styles - 5 years as instructor, participated in national competitions - although not very successfully. I know a lot of computer science and a little trading. My best day on the ES has been a +20 points day with real money - my worst has been a -8 points - and humongous commission. I average +- 3 or 4 points per day, and got into ES after doing 5 consecutive days of 22 - 26 points gained on simulated trading ... as well as loosing almost 50% of my position in the stock market when a prick CFO came out with the news he had been deceiving investors and analysts.

I wouldn't consider myself extreme - but certainly lucky. I also know there are better successes than me - but I feel good about mine because it was all about not being too selfish and greedy which made the success possible; being a CEO and owner doesn't mean you should keep it all for yourself (bad capitalism IMO). I reached all the goals I set for myself professionally, until I couldn't think of any new meaningful goal - so that goal is now a monetary goal - which just implies a lot of work - and perhaps some luck - if I'm skilled enough.

Sometimes being blunt about success is considered bragging, but I certainly learn something from many of those claiming success - although I always try to keep my skepticism when I think I need it. Finding someone who is actually honest and successful is a real treasure - and a fast-track to learning something useful IMO.

The markets are changing every day - so I don't think I'll ever understand it - but hope to be able to adapt to it quickly, and use my computer science skills a long with some courage to try and help me. That's my trading philosophy.

#167     May 10, 2004
  8. Scientist, i will call a truce. it's your life and you can obviously do or say what you want. i've just found many of your posts humorous to say the least. :p

#168     May 10, 2004

9. LOL what no Nobel peace Prize???

seriously, great satire very funny post :p

#169     May 10, 2004
  10. I think the dude was trying to be serious.

#170     May 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.