Do you believe in time travel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maverick74, Oct 28, 2010.

1. #21     Oct 28, 2010
  2. do i "believe" in time travel, no. i can't even reach that hairy edge of "belief" let alone convicted. do i DISbelieve, yes. farfetched and soo removed from ordinary reality my bet placed that it's fantasy.

#22     Oct 28, 2010
  3. Of course Hawking makes me a drooling idiot on the subject and I might defer to his expertise but remember he said any alien intelligence visiting us would necessarily be hostile too. On such far flung issues though the footing becomes increasingly equal and how much more far flung can you get ...though I enjoy such
    pop science and I've a library filled with books i read decades ago on it I throw up my hands in awe of Lifes mystery.

Don't twist my meaning around 180. I meant everyones take on time travel has its root perception in media. Its all we have to go on really.

#23     Oct 28, 2010
  4. rew

rew

Time travel is easy. It's fast forward and reverse that are hard.

#24     Oct 28, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

I believe time travel is possible in the ways stephen hawking believed it was, but with him it isnt as much about being warped into a different time, as it was about slowing time enough for yourself that you could come back 100 years later and it would only be a year for you......

Wasnt hawkings version of time travel more about bending/slowing time for the traveller, then actually travelling in time, i.e. making 1 year for the traveller worth 100 years for someone on earth?

I may have misunderstood his books but wasnt that what it was all about, provided you could travel close to the speed of light?

#25     Oct 28, 2010
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

#26     Oct 28, 2010
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Marty McFly did time travel in a DeLorean.

I do it with Hulu.

Anyone else had personal experiences?

#27     Oct 28, 2010
  8. All laws of physics become undefined (impossible) when V=C (velocity = speed of light).

#28     Oct 29, 2010

9. As we understand them currently. Mindboggling breakthroughs on occassion come via not accepting what is as absolute, but by stretching to the next level.

#29     Oct 29, 2010
  10. MQOOKIN: All laws of physics become undefined (impossible) when V=C (velocity = speed of light)
    --------------------
    E = MCC
    IF
    E =.5MVV
    THEN
    .5MVV = MCC

.5VV = CC

V=C

.5 = 1

:confused:
    :D

#30     Oct 29, 2010