Do you believe in forex?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by angelnish, Dec 19, 2012.

1. I've been doing it a little over a year now, same results, need to be careful you are not just borrowing money to cancel out

#21     Dec 19, 2012
  2. cornix

cornix

No different than any other markets around. But everything is cyclical and Euro volatility dried up so much lately, that I switched to US stock index futures after almost 5 years with EURUSD and feel like in heaven compared... Moral of the story: any market is good if it moves. :)

IMO brokers are of secondary important as long as one is not trading with some hardcore scam company, which I always wonder why people ever choose at all...

#22     Dec 20, 2012
  3. Ever have any problems with software glitches.. like freezing frames or complete software malfunction?

Also, how long have you been trying it btw?

#23     Dec 20, 2012
  4. you
    have
    got
    to
    be
    kidding!

I wouldn't even call that a study. More like reassuring delusional BS.

If you've ever done your own back testing, then you'll quickly recognize that the charts presented are cherry-picked. Stops helping? RSI working? Laughable.

#24     Dec 20, 2012
  5. You posted this on another forex trading forum. What exaclty are you trying to ask?

Yes forex is real. Yes most people lose in it. Like they do in all other businesses as well.

#25     Dec 20, 2012
  6. It's only high risk because you make it so. Tone down the leverage and whala......low risk. Simple!

#26     Dec 20, 2012
  7. I've been with ib a long time. I waited a while and just watched because in the early days tws was very unstable. Back then I was trading beans and grains before they traded electronically, so ib was not an option. But when I saw what a great deal globex was for the small trader, I started trading ES exclusively and switched to ib because a guy at home could trade just about as cheap as a floor trader all costs (house, commute, Chicago) considered.

I've only been trading forex for about a year, and I really like it, and that is all I trade anymore.

no real problems with tws, never even think about switching.

#27     Dec 20, 2012
  8. HAHA. I totally agree and I was only referencing the part of the study concerning success rates, win/loss ratios, reward/risk ratios, studies of volatility, etc. The BS about running their backtesting of strategies was ridiculous. Back testing while helpful has lots of flaws, especially is you are using indicators.

#28     Dec 20, 2012
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

What are the flaws?

#29     Dec 21, 2012
  10. huchonok

huchonok

If you avoid bucket shops forex is not scam. i'm more interested in stocks.though sometimes I do trade eur/usd. tempt fate

#30     Dec 21, 2012