Do you belieave in the Plunge Protection team?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rabmanducky, Jul 14, 2006.

Do you belieave in the plunge protection team?

1. the team exists

36 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. the team doesnt exist

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. toryj

toryj

#31     Jul 15, 2006
  2. You need to read ignorant punk! You slam this thread and then ask us if we would trade based on such info. You opitimize my statement I made a few months back................anonymity and big egos make for a danger combo.:mad:

#32     Jul 15, 2006
  3. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Would you trade on the basis of PPT? It's a simple question, why do you feel the need to ignore it?

#33     Jul 15, 2006
  4. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

You don't trade PPT. Why? Because you are a fucking knobhead! Excuse my language, folks, but, this is like forcing religion.

#34     Jul 15, 2006
  5. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

What was the last indication that the PPT was in action? Can you clarify?

#35     Jul 15, 2006
  6. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Are the believers, believing what they want to, all the time? Do they account for the majority of losers? What type of person believes in PPT? Don't forget it's not a proven thing, and yet the poll says it's mostly believed in! The majority?

#36     Jul 15, 2006
  7. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

So, the majority must make a profit, where trading is concerned?

#37     Jul 15, 2006
  8. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

PPT? Can you trade it? If so, how?

#38     Jul 15, 2006
  9. I think dandxg struck a nerve.

I recall a couple of years ago some expert (sorry no link or details), while denying the existence of a PPT, saying it would be failry easy to manipulate the stock market by buying a relatively small amount of futures (as robertstone alluded to previously).

As far as proof, if it was made public that would sort of defeat the purpose wouldn't it? There is a lot of speculation. And there is the executive order mentioned earlier, which is vague on details, but could be interpreted to allow for a PPT. There are some days where the market starts off dropping like a rock but somehow manages to reverse and maybe even close higher for no reason.

If you wanted to trade the PPT, I guess you could watch the futures market and try to figure out when they might be active, like on a day where where the market tanks, watch for an afternoon turnaround. Since they would only be in the market a few days per year it would be kind of tough to trade.

#39     Jul 15, 2006
  10. Wait a minute...that resembles a group of HF's that simply know when to trade hehe..

THE PPT is actually those few in the know and ET Guests of course...

#40     Jul 15, 2006