Do you belieave in the Plunge Protection team?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rabmanducky, Jul 14, 2006.

Do you belieave in the plunge protection team?

1. the team exists

36 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. the team doesnt exist

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. The PPT is not there to stop the market to the downside. It is there to prevent massive downward spikes. It does not bode well if the American Stock market gyrates +-10% on a frequent basis. The world depends on us and our efficient system.

The PPT will not prevent a crappy stock to go to 1 from a lofty high of 300: a la CMGI

but, it WILL step in an buy futs, and other things to ensure that our market does not collapse. Our open system will allow the stock market to bleed but not die in 3-4 traumatic days.

I know this because my Prof at MIT was part of the team that drafted the executive order: 12631.

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds. Go enjoy the weekend. :cool:

--RS

#21     Jul 14, 2006
  2. Gone with Greenie.

#22     Jul 14, 2006
  3. I heard it was now Sir Paul McCartney and Leonardo Di Caprio.

"iiiiiiiiiice berg, right ahead !!!!"

#23     Jul 14, 2006
  4. Adobian

Adobian

Why didn't this Team buy off Bin Laden and his gang, and asked them to just be quiet ?

#24     Jul 14, 2006
  5. Monica is the part of the PPT, the plunges and sucks the life out of the market when it runs up too fast! :D Sorry I couldn't help it, it's Friday and I'm punchy.

#25     Jul 14, 2006
  6. I am not a believer in every conspiracy, but I do think the PPT exists. There is just too much reasonable info out there that suggests it to be true.

As Molder said "I want to believe".

#26     Jul 14, 2006
  7. Like Jack Nicholson said,

" You can't handle the truth!"

#27     Jul 14, 2006
  8. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

If PPT exits or you believe PPT exists...prove it! Show us some proof. Otherwise shut the fuck up about it, you whining cunts.

#28     Jul 15, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

Can you prove God exists? not really, yet Billions of people kill each other over whose God is bigger than the next guys.

#29     Jul 15, 2006
  10. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Would you trade on the basis of PPT?

#30     Jul 15, 2006