Do you Beleive in God ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RangeBar, Oct 16, 2009.

Do you believe in God (Creator)

1. No

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Yes

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. piezoe

piezoe

OK, thank you. I see now what the distinction is. Apparently the distinction is that the theist is deluded regarding the origin of his morals, while the atheist is not.

I will tell you a story that will illustrate how at least some atheists are repelled by the thought of blindly accepting moral beliefs of others.

My son had a professor who smoked cigarettes during class. (This was at Yale. It would not happen, of course, at any decent university.:D) One day a girl in the front row asked the professor if he would mind not smoking. He answered, " I shall be happy to so long as your objection is not on moral grounds."

#21     Oct 17, 2009
  2. Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.

It doesn't matter a fuck what you believe people, it don't make it true.

If there was a creator, it doesn't matter shit now, deeds done.

If there weren't, still don't matter a shit, 'coz deed's done.

Moral's don't exist; only existence exists.

Argue all you want, but life, of one sort or another, will go on after the last bible believer/theist/atheist is long gone, and turned to dust.
    Not human life, or superphantasmagorical bible life, there is no heaven, no hell, no nothing.
    Just renewal and regeneration.

The earth will survive, despite religious theorists (believers etc.).

#22     Oct 17, 2009
  3. oh. we understand perfectly. you are deluded because of your indoctrination. that you dont understand science has been well demonstrated.

#23     Oct 17, 2009
  4. You're right, Bernard. I did let the thread drift into a soapbox and I'm sorry about that. I was asked some direct questions and answered them as I saw fit.

The main reason for the thread was to hear the opinions of other people and get 'links' to some of THEIR favorite political/philosophical sites. I did not mean to sound 'preachy': it just sort happened that way.

Anyways, I'm not sorry that you entered the thread.

#24     Oct 17, 2009
  5. what is God?

Is God the product of idealogues, or is He a true entity? Does He exist outside the mind on man, outside of man's fears and insecurity :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

WHERE IS THE PROOF!!???!!!??!!

#25     Oct 17, 2009
  6. Believe in God HA!

...a God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
    - No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger

HA!

#26     Oct 17, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I totally agree with the first statement, although it sure seems to (potentially) contradict your next statement.

#27     Oct 17, 2009
  8. Yes, there is God, but it is not what you think.

God is not the object of your devotion, rather he is the subject. god is your devotee who does everything for you.

This is what I, Mohammad Bin Salleh, thinks about this sordid affair.

#28     Oct 17, 2009
  9. Good direction indeed!

#29     Sep 24, 2015
  10. piezoe

piezoe

You are logically incompatible with logic.

#30     Sep 24, 2015