Do you agree with this letter?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by patefern, Jul 19, 2002.

1. trdrmac

trdrmac

Bung I just got back from a comedy club, I should have saved my $25 bucks and just read your post.

#11     Jul 19, 2002
  2. trdrmac

trdrmac

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/facecovered.htm

What do I think about the premise? First of all, most of us ended up here as a result of our ancestor's choice or lack of choice in coming to this country. Which should be fine since the most unfortunate Americans live a better lifestyle than almost any other place on earth. And in the words of Sam Kinison, "If you can't make it here, where the hell are you going to make it?"

That said, I have always liked to see people from other countries come to live in America. Most have a great work ethic, take jobs that Americans are too good to do, and support the economy. However, since this is a time of war I would pull every visa and suspend further immigration of any individual that could possibly have ties to AL BUNDY QUEDA. This would serve two purposes, the first being the protection of our citizens. The second is that the people who want to come to this country to work or study could go home and say you guys are screwing it up for us.

Is this racial profiling, yes. But no one ever gets bent out of shape when they profile a serial killer or kidnapper. Average Serial Killer, 25-35 year old white male, loner, above average intelligence, bed wetter, tortured animals as a child. When bodies start turning up, you want resolution, not political correctness.

On to our rights. We have too many. This country is focused too much on individual liberties and not enough on what is good for society. You can rape a child in this country, serve 5 years in prison and be a free person. Never mind that there is no cure for pedophilia. You can get the crap kicked out of you breaking in to someone's house and file assault charges against the homeowner. You can smoke for 40 years and your relatives can sue MO for millions. From the ACLU to the NRA it really seems we are a nation of me me me me. President Bush asked people to keep an eye out for suspicious activity. The ACLU and Postal Service immediately start saying oh no that's spying on people. No it is doing your part. We all should give a little and be willing to do a little to keep what we have.

As for the language. If a person is to function in our society in most occupations they need to be able to speak, write and understand English. And I see this with a lot of American kids from low income areas, they can not do any of the above. When I help them with homework I tell them that if you handed me this crap as an employee I would fire you. Why do I need to hire someone if I have to correct their work? This hits home, because they don't get it in schools, and they sure don't get it at home. But it is a choice they have to make, not me.

In God We Trust, I always thought Don't Mess with Texas was the national motto. When it is jammed down your throat it is a Christian movement. Just as if it is legislated away it is a Secular movement. It is a statement, if you believe it great, if you don't great. Do I care if it is on my money, no, as long as I can buy what I need. Do I think it should be displayed in public schools, no, because they are public. But do I care, no, because you either believe it or you don't. If it is in the pledge, say it or don't. And if the school system is where you're kids are getting their belief system then you are a pathetic parent.

Wish everyone except Bung a safe and happy weekend.

And since trading was a little slow this week, if you would start referring to me as Waiter Mac I would appreciated it.

#12     Jul 19, 2002
  3. Well, I'm not sure about you...but most people put it down to about 1776..
    Freedom of belief. Is THAT a "Christian prinicple"? exactly..

#13     Jul 22, 2002