Do we really want as president another religious guy from texas who thinks god talks.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 3, 2011.

1. That is the perfect point of view. It could be said about anything.

i have never said SINNERS should SIN. i dont figure its my business. it has no effect on me if they want to SIN.

#31     Aug 5, 2011
  2. well if the inventors of the concept of sin, because they believe an invisible man in the sky dislikes certian behaviors,want to force you, through the law, to abide to their beliefs its a totally different thing isnt it?

#32     Aug 5, 2011
  3. bone

bone

In terms of one person's interaction with the rest of humanity, no it is not a totally different thing - it is a transparent act of civility. If two different people help a little old lady cross the street, and the little old lady thanks each of them, it is of no consequence to the lady if one is an Atheist and the other a Muslim - she admires the kindness shown by another stranger.

#33     Aug 6, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Touche

#34     Aug 6, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do we really want another president that promises hope and change and provides neither?

#35     Aug 7, 2011
  6. I was there last week and it sucked, seemed like 110 degrees everyday, but it isn't any better back home in West Texas either. But I do like Austin when it isn't frying outside.
    As for Perry he's about as Christian as I am except I don't pretend to believe, so I wouldn't worry about him being another George (I talk to God) Bush.

#36     Aug 7, 2011
  7. ==============
    Well, he is probably following the Bible more in his prayer life;
    than his tithing[giving 10%]:D And maybe he has learned his lesson on Merk mandated/gov mandated health care.Again, that puts him far ahead of the DC downgraded debt clowns

But I like even his math mistakes [tithe ]more so than most of the D.C.debt downgrade clowns.

MRC busted ABC news again ;''ABC Has Rick Perry Gone Too Far?":D

#37     Aug 8, 2011