Do we really want as president another religious guy from texas who thinks god talks.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 3, 2011.

1. bone

bone

I would wager that you would take a shine to Austin.

#11     Aug 3, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Oh, why's that?

Never think I mean "always", "everyone", "never" in my stuff, I rarely mean that. It's my fuzzy social science background. But back to Texas, I used to take some of my spring breaks down in Big Bend country. Absolutely love it down there.

#12     Aug 3, 2011
  3. bone

bone

Well, propped up more by blue state tax refugees than oil as of late to be more precise.

And yes, despite the fact that I am a Christian the Southern Baptist types are way too preachy for my taste.

#13     Aug 3, 2011
  4. Rick Perry when he was a "yell leader" in Aggieland.

[​IMG]

Seneca

ps-I'm biased as I'm a Longhorn at heart.

#14     Aug 3, 2011
  5. bone

bone

Austin has always struck me as being not only a great college town and of course the state capital but a progressive oasis in a sea of bible thumping hard-core conservatives. I'd love to live there personally. Great town.

#15     Aug 3, 2011
  6. Agree! Need to get rid of the traffic especially the suicide entrances/exits on I35.

Seneca

#16     Aug 3, 2011
  7. bone

bone

Nah.... The real risk is trying to water ski on Lake Austin during a summer weekend.

#17     Aug 3, 2011

8. Never tried that but have watched from Mt Bonnell. Very crazy on weekends.

Seneca:) :D

#18     Aug 3, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Hey, America is a center to center-right country. Always has been. Voters prefer a divided government. What you see for governance in Texas or Illinois cannot be replicated on a national scale - and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Governor Cuomo in New York is the wave of the future for the Democratic Party.

#19     Aug 3, 2011
  10. Hope we do it again.

[​IMG]

Seneca

ps-for those of you who are not in the know, the UT color is burnt orange, same as God colored the sky at sundown.

#20     Aug 3, 2011