Do we need another dumb ass Texan for president?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 18, 2011.

1. bone

bone

[​IMG]

#41     Aug 21, 2011
  2. That was clever about 7 years ago. You go boy.

#42     Aug 21, 2011
  3. #43     Aug 21, 2011
  4. There should be a new requirement for US presidents to know US history backwards and forwards. A 'C' grade won't cut it. Perry does not have my vote.

#44     Aug 22, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I guess Obama would be disqualified as well.

#45     Aug 22, 2011
  6. Do we need a dumb ass Nigerian for President?

#46     Aug 22, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

How much worse could it be than a dumb ass Kenyan?

#47     Aug 22, 2011
  8. Bush was much worse than Obama. Perry I don't know about that man. My gut feeling is he says what he needs to say to get elected and wouldn't be a religious fundamentalist if elected and might be able to actually work both sides to get things done. So I'm thinking he wouldn't be near as bad as Bush. Bush was defiantly more sincere but that didn't work out for him.

#48     Aug 22, 2011

9. +1

More evidence of how clueless he is

http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-cl...idential-powers-kill-obamacare-191804863.html

Rick Perry Clueless On Use Of Executive Presidential Powers To Kill Obamacare

Looking toward to a not-s0-distant future where Rick Perry could occupy the Oval Office, candidate Perry had this to say when speaking last week
    in South Carolina-

If I'm so fortunate to be elected the president of the United States, on Day One, when I walk into the Oval Office, there will be an executive order on that desk that eliminates as much of ObamaCare that I can have done with an executive order.

Via MSNBC

What should disturb you about this vision of the future is not so much that a President Perry would try to bring Obamacare to an end as that is to be expected from any GOP contender.What should give you pause is that, in a Perry White House, our 45th president would begin his term by signing an executive order that would be, for all real purposes, a blank page.

Talk about an inauspicious beginning as representative of what I fear we might continue to expect from a President Perry.

Like it or not, there is virtually nothing a president can do by executive order to overturn this legislation passed by the Congress and signed into law by the current President.

While a future Congress could, theoretically, bring the Accountable Care Act to an end, and while the Supreme Court may yet destroy part or all of the law before Perry needs to make good on a promise that he cannot possibly keep, the simple fact is that there is really no impact on the law that might result from such an executive order.

#49     Aug 22, 2011
  10. bone

bone

[​IMG]

#50     Aug 23, 2011