Do we need a runaway inflation before someone like Volcker steps in?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by schizo, Oct 5, 2021.

1. piezoe

piezoe

#71     Oct 19, 2021
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

That's is what she wants to do, but almost never gets to do.

No matter how much Fox demonizes her to their audience.

Reality is about the only thing leftie done in the last 20 years was ACA - giving the lower income classes access to healthcare - beyond the emergency room.

#72     Oct 19, 2021
  3. piezoe

piezoe

I don't no why I ended up quoting myself. Presumably it was accidental. It does seem rather silly. But as I read the quote of myself, "Once you feel your stomach starting to churn, why not stop reading?" It occurred to me that it is not a bad something to be remembered for having said. It's rather good advise. If only I wasn't going to be cremated I should consider it as a candidate for my tombstone.

#73     Oct 20, 2021
  4. ipatent

ipatent

Bank of Russia Throws Shock-and-Awe Rate Hikes at Raging “Persistent” Inflation, But US Inflation Not Far Below Russia’s

In another shock-and-awe move to douse raging inflation that is making no effort at being transitory, the Bank of Russia raised its policy rate by 75 basis points today, to 7.5%, its sixth rate hike, and the largest hike since the 100-basis-point hike on July 23. And it held the door open for more rate hikes.

“This is a significant increase and, obviously, this is not a fine-tuning exercise,” Bank of Russia Governor Elvira Nabiullina said in her post-meeting statement.

“This decision is driven not only by the current pace of inflation, but primarily by high inflation expectations and a considerable revision of the forecast,” she said.

#74     Oct 23, 2021
  5. RGLD

RGLD

So UUP hit a new 52 week high today.. Gold is chilling, bitcoin pulled back. I made a post a while back and that UUP is going to rally, but the masses disagreed. Still there is inflation talk, maybe UUP is unrelated to dollar strength.. I don't know... I can't trade the CPI though. Only thing I see rallying are gas prices.

Inflation maybe? I don't know anymore. You can't trade the news and seems like a good time to long the dollar... Dollar strength is almost back to pre covid levels.

upload_2021-11-17_15-41-18.png

That chart looks so sexy. Double bottom and everything. Maybe the news is reporting events that happened in July.

On another related note, the dollar has been kicking the Euro's ass along with Yen.. But probably has less to do with the dollar and more to do with European and BOJ polices.

upload_2021-11-17_15-44-36.png

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    #75     Nov 17, 2021
  6. xandman

xandman

AUD is down as well. The US is expected to raise rates ahead of everybody.

upload_2021-11-17_15-8-50.png

#76     Nov 17, 2021