Do we need a runaway inflation before someone like Volcker steps in?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by schizo, Oct 5, 2021.

1. The guy said Powell would never raise rates despite the fact that Powell did raise rates.

#11     Oct 6, 2021
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Of course you would. He was 6'7" tall.:cool:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    #12     Oct 6, 2021
    ElCubano likes this.
  3. %%
    Adding to the complexity;
    Bunker+ Bro Hunt did pretty good in oil + metals\ but they got oil + metals dirt cheap\LOL.
    BIG mistake to keep adding on silver, again + again , again .................................................................................................................................... + ignore exchanges warning on corners+ laugh about common people not being able to afford good lawyer as they cornered soybeans. Just looking back + forward line PSAR. I like his last name =Hunt

#13     Oct 6, 2021
  4. schizo

schizo

The title of the thread is "Do we need a RUNAWAY inflation...". Inflation must be fought proactively, early on. By the time everyone sees that it's an inflation, as we're doing now, it's too late. Everything is going up now. You can't dick around. That's what happened in the 70s and it wasn't just rampant inflation. It was stagnation that actually hurt a lot of people.

BTW how many time did Powell raise rates (that he ultimately lowered again, right)? It's people like Powell that ultimately creates the grim reaper like Volcker.

#14     Oct 6, 2021
  5. RGLD

RGLD

Why does the new cycle always give you you counter information until it's too late?

Let me guess inflation is really here despite the fact that they told us it's it'll settle down once the "supply kick in". Something about the demand curve. I forgot the article.

There were numerous new sources telling us inflation was no big deal just a few months ago and still some today. I've never believed them but the media needs to be GONE. So tired of the media covering for Biden's F-ups because Trump's gone and they've lost their villian.

Edit: Now I remember - They told us it's not big deal because it's "transitory inflation". And it'll go away.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    #15     Oct 6, 2021
  6. RGLD

RGLD

Please show me the ERROR of my ways. If inflation is really here.. Why is Gold Trending Down and UUP trending up?

upload_2021-10-6_16-41-48.png

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert here, but seems like the dollar might rally just based off technicials alone. Unless UUP doesn't measure the dollar. And Gold is no longer an inflation hedge, bitcoin is.

The dollar is also kicking the Euro's ass for all you Forex Traders although it probably as less to do with the dollar and more to do with the EU.

upload_2021-10-6_16-46-20.png

#16     Oct 6, 2021
    UsualName likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

There is no error in your way of thinking. The dominoes almost never line up perfectly. I f you expect them to line up perfectly you will never do a trade

#17     Oct 6, 2021
    Rickshaw Man likes this.
  8. RGLD

RGLD

Yea you're not saying much aside from nobody knows anything, things just happen.

#18     Oct 6, 2021
    piezoe likes this.
  9. SammyJ

SammyJ

Go look at the Zimbabwe stock mkt . Up 6 fold since nov. All the bears licking their chops and could go be stunned.

#19     Oct 6, 2021
  10. schizo

schizo

The following chart is the US Inflation rate. It shows a nice clean breakout, breaking out of it's 10-year range. Why would you think this is a fake breakout?

[​IMG]

#20     Oct 6, 2021