Do we have to pay income tax?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Daxtrader, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Did you even watch the videos? idiot.

#11     Jul 20, 2007
  2. #12     Jul 20, 2007
  3. Guess you missed this.....

"There are lots of tax protesters who have won cases against the IRS, such as John Cheek, Lloyd Long, and Vernice Kuglin."

No. There are a handful of people who have avoided criminal (but not civil) penalties by convincing a jury that they were too stupid or delusional to understand the tax laws and their violations were not “willful,” but no one has ever won against the IRS in a civil tax collection case........

#13     Jul 20, 2007
  4. jem

jem

haroki

lets make this simple.

why don't we let one of the protesters explain who is not required to pay and why.

Then you can tell them why they are wrong.

Will you put in the time to research why they are wrong? On the basis of statute?

#14     Jul 20, 2007
  5. Sure, why not....

#15     Jul 20, 2007
  6. Although without researching what you're asking, I believe that only those with a taxable income below a certain minimum are excluded from paying a tax.

I have no idea what that minimum is.....

Yet. :D

#16     Jul 20, 2007
  7. jem

jem

No I took a look at the videos.

I suspect these guys will say that there is no statute that requires a certain class of people (say employees or business owners) to pay an income tax because that class is not part of the group specifically mentioned in the "taxing" statute.

If you can prove them wrong - end of story.

If not. We will have a to research the laws regarding interpretations of statutes.

I am a lawyer and years ago I wrote briefs on statutory interpretation so that part wont be too hard.

I will be away for a week starting tomorrow hopefully this will be fully developed when I get back.

#17     Jul 20, 2007
  8. I believe the 16th Am says something like " income from whatever source derived" . This has been interpreted to mean everyone.

The problem is that the deniers don't agree, based on their beliefs of something else, based on what they want to hear, balh, blah, blah.

Here's the table for a single guy -

Schedule X — Single

-If taxable income is over-- But not over-- The tax is:
    $0 $7,550 10% of the amount over $0

-$7,550 $30,650 $755 plus 15% of the amount over 7,550
    $30,650 $74,200 $4,220.00 plus 25% of the amount over 30,650

-$74,200 $154,800 $15,107.50 plus 28% of the amount over 74,200

-$154,800 $336,550 $37,675.50 plus 33% of the amount over 154,800

-$336,550 no limit $97,653.00 plus 35% of the amount over 336,550

#18     Jul 20, 2007
  9. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

lol, good job sherlock.

#19     Jul 20, 2007
  10. Ha ha ha ha....

Fully developed into a flame war.....

Simple Denial

The most obvious strategy is simple, or outright, denial. This is the basic technique of maintaining that something is true/not true despite all evidence to the contrary. It is usually encapsulated in slick slogans that can be mindlessly repeated until they take on the characteristics of some fundamental "truth". They are in fact, the kind of "big lie" that distorts reality and oozes its way into human consciousness effortlessly.

Evasion and Displacement

In this strategy, the fundamental or essential issue is ignored by focusing on a "red herring" issue that may be quite similar to the real problem; but strikingly misses the real point.

"Affect Storm" or Exaggerated Emotional Responses

This is a hyperemotional response to anything that threatens the veneer of denial or that questions the motivations of the denier.

Ad hominem is responding to an argument by attacking your opponent rather than addressing the argument itself.

#20     Jul 20, 2007