Do we have any traders from Brazil here?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by tradethetrade, Feb 26, 2009.

1. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Gr,

I make money trading equities and lose money trading futures. Come visit us when you are in Sao Paulo.

#11     Feb 28, 2009
  2. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Daal,

Glad to hear from you again.

Futures has been so tough controlling risk. I might pick it up later when the mkt calms down a bit.

Come by the office one of these days.

#12     Feb 28, 2009
  3. cfelicio

cfelicio

Im in Vancouver. Originally from Campinas.

#13     Feb 28, 2009
  4. aradiel

aradiel

Southern Brazil

Good to see there are some representing the land in here.

#14     Mar 1, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Interesting, I didn't realize you were in Brazil. I almost bought an apartment down there in 2002-03 after the financial crisis, ended up buying EWZ instead and selling way too soon (although it might eventually get back to my sale price by the looks of things!). Is there much of a community of traders/speculators down there?

You seem to have a knack for position/swing trading, so I would play to your strengths and focus more on that.

#15     Mar 1, 2009
  6. Daal

Daal

Frankly I dont pay much attention to the traders around here. The forums and online groups are mostly full of people who got caught at the top of the EM boom, are down 50% with hopes we will be at highs in 1year
    Brokerages mostly dont have short selling, no FX trading. Maybe the floor guys at the Bovespa are different but I only went there once

#16     Mar 2, 2009
  7. What sort of commission rates are people paying for stocks in Brasil?

How about local tax/stamp duty?

#17     Sep 12, 2009