Do we have a trend in place, I just don't see one

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ashatet, Apr 30, 2008.

1. If 9/10 times adding to a loser works out fine, why would you "NEVER ADD TO LOSERS"? It would seem this is exactly what you should do (90% is a great winning %). The real key is to understand when that 1 time is upon you and finding a way to take your loss without it being a disaster.

#21     May 1, 2008
  2. You have to have a reason to add to a loser. I want confirmation my signal is real so I wait for what would be a breakout on my strategy. I then look for the optimum place to add to my position which is almost always lower than my breakout position. So therefore, sometimes I am adding to a loser as long as my original signal has not been nullified.

#22     May 1, 2008
  3. If you keep adding the technicals fail would you sell or try to wait it out hoping for a turnaround?

#23     May 1, 2008
  4. If my entry signal is no longer valid I am out of the trade.

#24     May 1, 2008
  5. It appears the trend was up until it was down and then it went up. Now it appears there is a decision point in the total market to be made.

Im bullish right now on such equities as SFLY, BX, Q and KFT. I think thats a fairly diversified portfolio of stocks. 3 of them carry a good dividend. All except for KFT have the capacity to double within the next 12 months.

The overall market Im bearish.

#25     May 1, 2008
  6. farkasb

farkasb

In long term I think it's a pull back from 38.2%. It may go back to test the trend line, but still bearish until it breaks out to new high.
    Also, if we look at the "big picture" it can even be a huge doube top on a let's say 50 years chart... and if that's the case, it won't be bullish for a while.

• spx.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
    #26     May 1, 2008
  7. Trend is up

#27     May 1, 2008