Do Voters Really Dislike Negative Campaigning?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 11, 2006.

1. I am really getting tired of this kind of reply. Can you point to one post where I have suggested it is ok? You know very well that is not my position. What I am saying, as spec8tor said, was that it is democrats who don;t have a problem with it unless they can skewer a republican and make some political hay. Let's not forget that Clinton was leaving his DNA on an intern's dress in the Oval Office. We were lectured by self-righteous Democrats that it was his own private business and not a matter for public discussion.

#11     Oct 15, 2006
  2. So it's ok for Pelosi to march in parades with NAMBLA members. Not just any parades but gay pride parades. The same parades that feature people wearing outfits that can't be shown on TV. Sorry, but it's way too convenient to say that "NAMBLA is universally despised>" We know it's not, because its membership is made up of gays. Pelosi could have made a moral stand that she did not want to be associated with NAMBLA, but instead she chose to participate in an event with them.

As I said before, I can only imagine the howling we would hear from democrats and the media if Hastert marched in a white pride parade with Klan leaders. Democrats are obsessed with cultural McCarthyism. They block judges who belong to golf clubs with no black members. But it is somehow unfair to apply the same standard to them.

#12     Oct 15, 2006
  3. sure, that's clearly not your position. then why does it matter what democrats do? if it's wrong, it's wrong - independent of what pelosi and dean and lewinsky and clinton do or what they think about it. that they are scumbags does not lessen foley's wrongs.

#13     Oct 17, 2006