do traders ever utter the word, ALTRUISM

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by insert, Jun 29, 2007.

1. zdreg

zdreg

#11     Jun 30, 2007
  2. I think you are totally wrong for believing that. Most come on this board who are successful offer advice on trading for FREE. I know successful traders who hire there relatives to answer the phone and a few emails and pays them $80k a year! (John, are you there?) I agree ego has no place in trading but you are wrong in your across the board assessment.

#12     Jun 30, 2007
  3. "But I would bet that you are one of those people who would charge your own mother % for owing you 5 k for two months

sad Nutmeg,.........sad"

Yeah, but..but... Mom's checks always bounce and she never makes good on them anyways.

Prolly everyone starts out with altruistic motives but the harder you try the bigger the nut to crack. Some people capitulate others retreat and regress and offer selective help in small ways. To them I say thanks, there have been plenty of them, all of whom I've never met.

#13     Jun 30, 2007
  4. i wouldn't really talk much about altruism coming from your mouth mainly cuz you wouldn't help me out when i asked.. you tried charging a lump sum amount of say 10k .. how can you speak on the topic of altruism while doing acts of deviance like that?

#14     Jul 1, 2007
  5. notouch

notouch

What has altruism got to do with being (or nearly being) Italian?

#15     Jul 1, 2007