Do they work for all stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heavyhitter78, Feb 15, 2007.

1. I know a lot of you guys out there trade stocks, so I am going to put the question to you. Does your strategy or edge work for any stock, or just certain types? The reason I ask is I trade futures CL and have been for a few years now, done well with them, and really haven't had a reason to look else where. Today however I try to apply how I trade the CL to the ES and ZN and I went from 12k to 8k like it was nothing, I know they are completely different instruments but you wouldn't think all the trades would be losers. So for me to trade another product I am going to have to look for another edge, so for you stock traders do you have many different strategies for different sectors over the same time frame or do stocks all tend to act the same?

2. My guess, and based on my initial observations (but I'm still a noob), is that different stocks are going to be noticibly different. I look at the same few stocks' intraday charts most days, and some of them consistently trend nicely, and some of them consistenly chop all over the place. I'm probably misinterpreting the data because I'm a noob, but still.

I'm interested in hearing what the more experienced people have to say.