do they make mini-futures?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Nov 25, 2008.

1. I like futures (for tax reasons and no PDT rule and no wash sale rule) but i'd feel more comfortable trading something smaller. Too easy to lose hundreds on a move against you.

Are there any brokers that offer like 1/2 size eminis so each tick on the YM is $2.50? That'd be awesome.

2. moarla

moarla

No

3. You could trade out-of-the-money options as an alternative. :cool:

4. lol yeah they're pretty cheap.

5. I think there used to be a mini-dow that had $2 moves. No one traded it so they axed it.

6. cvds16

cvds16

ym is allready the mini-version !

7. opw

opw

You are absolutely right, for most small accounts even 1 future is too large and you can't scale in or out.

Over here in Europe you can trade CFD's. These are not allowed for US-citizens I believe.

Usually contracts are for 1 euro per 1 point. No commission, only 2 pt spread.

You could trade the spy, dia or qqqq based on the futures charts (ES, YM or NQ) as an alternative. That works quite well...

8. MTE

MTE

Why would you trade the SPY, DIA or QQQQ off the futures charts!? Why not trade them off their own charts?

9. opw

opw

In my experience futures charts are slightly smoother, less fake outs.

10. You could find the cheapest stock with the highest correlation to the Dow Jones as an alternative. :cool:

#10     Nov 25, 2008