Do the analysts even understand football?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Sep 28, 2010.

Were the penalties what beat the GB vs Bears?

1. Yes, and it is not a sign of otherwise poor footbal.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No. The penalties are a sign they were getting beat at the respective positions.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I don't know.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I don't care.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Did Cutler get a concussion from holding the ball too long, or was he holding it too long because he got a concussion early in the game and couldn't make quick reads?

After you get sacked 5 or 6 times in the first half, I think most QBs would start getting the ball out a little quicker. He seemed to take even longer.

As bad as the Bears' offense played in the first half, the defense kept them in it.

#21     Oct 4, 2010
  2. You're right, they don't get a lot of attention. The Falcons are a very solid unit, waiting to take the next step.

#22     Oct 4, 2010
  3. ammo

ammo

martz should have called a few runs left and right to keep the d back, a few short passes, cutler got murdered, he's not allowed to audible

#23     Oct 4, 2010
  4. fhl

fhl

I forget if it was last week or the week before, but when Cutler had no time dropping back, they adjusted and had him throw quick passes, just rising up and getting rid of it to someone about five or ten yards over the middle. And it worked. Kept expecting them to make that adjustment last night and it never came.

#24     Oct 4, 2010
  5. On several of those sacks, Cutler had time to throw. Not all day, but he has to understand that with the Bears' line and the Giants' D line, the ball has to come out. On a 7 step drop, when the QB takes his last step, he has to be ready to fire that thing. He can't take time to survey the ffield. When the D runs a corner blitz and he doesn't have protection, he has to throw it immediately, being aware that someone will be trying to cut off the free receiver.

I also wasn't real impressed with Olson's effort on the INT that Collins threw. That's two weeks in a row he has failed to make a play on a deep post that was intercepted. The whole point of having a tall receiver run that route is he can go up and take it away from the DB, but somehow Olson keeps getting overthrown.

#25     Oct 4, 2010
  6. nitro

nitro

It appears he was playing with a concussion and should not even have been on the field for most of that game:

"Bears' Jay Cutler Might Have Played With a Concussion"

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/04/bears-jay-cutler-might-have-played-with-a-concussion/

#26     Oct 4, 2010
  7. Surprised they didn't have some kind of West Coast package with Mike Martz being there.

#27     Oct 4, 2010