Do the analysts even understand football?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Sep 28, 2010.

Were the penalties what beat the GB vs Bears?

1. Yes, and it is not a sign of otherwise poor footbal.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No. The penalties are a sign they were getting beat at the respective positions.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I don't know.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I don't care.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. nitro

nitro

I was squirming every time the commentators kept saying the Bears can tackle. The Bears are the worst open field tackling team I have ever seem, save the linebackers.

#11     Sep 29, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I watch every monday nighter, i got a group of buddies who get together for it.

I agree the bears defense has looked unreal so far at this point. The only question mark left is whether or not Cutler can get it done with that set of recievers. I was cheering for the bears in that game solely for the reason that i want Favre to win another superbowl, and i figure it will be easier for him to beat the bears twice then greenbay. (No offense)

My team is the steelers, so if it is an intense offensive mathcup in the superbowl where the steelers pull out a 6-3 victory over the bears in overtime in the superbowl i will be happy. :D

Here is a video you are probably tired of already by now.... Good luck with your team. Daaaaa Bears.... :D

Good luck with Daaaaaaaaa bearssss, look foreword to seeing you in dallas, when my steelers get done ravaging the AFC. :D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d32OeqbYbHg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d32OeqbYbHg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

#12     Sep 29, 2010
  3. It was a very interesting matchup and a signature win for the Bears, even if it is only week three. I'll admit I have underestimated the Bears. I thought Urlacher was finished, obviously he's not. I had doubts about Peppers' motivation. On MNF at least, no issues there. I have never been too impressed with their wideouts, but they seem to be coming along. Clearly the Bears O line sucks and is the weak point of the team. JCutt sucked last year, but he seems to be flourishing in the Martz system.

All that granted, I wouldn't be booking SB tickets if I were a Bears fan. They were lucky to beat Detroit. Let's face it, they were lucky to beat GB as well. They got bailed out on a PI call late. Gb played a horrible, braindead game and still almost won.

The interesting thing for me was how GB could march down the field time after time, then stall in the red zone. Chicago is mostly a Cover 2 (ie, two deep safeties) team and the underneath routes will be open. Rodgers hit them brilliantly. The guy is just a sublime QB. The weakness of Cover 2 is the TE going down the seam. The MLB has to run with any vertical down the middle, and if the TE gets a free release and the QB gets protection, a lot of times it's strike up the band time. With the Bears though Urlacher is a former safety who can run with any TE. Plus he's relatively tall.

A Cover 2 team has to rely on the front 7 to stop the run and the D linemen to pressure the QB. This is where getting Peppers was so huge for them. He is a pass rushing force, forcing doubles and holding penalties. I disagree with Hello on one point. You just cannot allow Peppers to hit your franchise QB, even if it means you take him down and draw a flag. He is so explosive, one sack could mean the IR list for your QB.

So GB could chew up yardage until they got in the red zone. There the DBs don't have so much vertical space to worry about. They get compressed near the goal line and it gets very hard to fit something in. Plus, the Packers couldn't run the ball at all.

#13     Sep 29, 2010
  4. AAA,

If the Atlanta Falcons stay healthy they can beat any team in the NFC.

Matty Ice, the Burner, and Roddy White, along with a D that can contain anyone.( Even Drew Brees)

But nobody talks about them.

Comments?

#14     Sep 29, 2010
  5. nitro

nitro

Prediction: Bears 24 Giants 17.

#15     Oct 3, 2010
  6. waaa waaa waaa snivel snivel

#16     Oct 3, 2010
  7. GOOOOOO PEYTON @ CO!!!! :D

#17     Oct 3, 2010
  8. nitro

nitro

Worst 3-0 team I have ever seen.

#18     Oct 3, 2010
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You obviously have not watched that much football in your life. LOL.

#19     Oct 4, 2010
  10. ammo

ammo

doomed from game 1 with that O line,they looked good against GB,1st 2 games sucked, , 10 sacks,season over

#20     Oct 4, 2010