Do Something

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This is from Clayton Makepeace's newsletter today. It's very good and I wanted to share it with you guys.
    ---------------------

After eight years of condemning Bush for busting the budget with $400 billion deficits, Pelosi and her House of Representatives – Democrats and Republicans alike — have just made “the great decider” look like a rank amateur.

At a time when we’re supposed to believe that every available penny needs to be spent to stimulate the economy … and after electing a president who promised to eliminate earmarks from the budgeting process …

The Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives (with the help of 20 guilty Republicans) just passed an omnibus spending bill packed with a staggering 8,570 pork-laden earmarks.

The bill, which is expected to land on Obama’s desk next week, allocates 7,700 million dollars ($7.7 billion) for pure pork – including …

$2 million to promote astronomy in Hawaii …
    $381,000 for music programs at Lincoln Center …
    $6.6 million for termite research in New Orleans …
    $300,000 for the Montana World Trade Center …
    $2.1 million for the Center for Grape Genetics in New York …
    $1.7 million for a honeybee factory in Weslaco, Texas …
    $143,000 for an online encyclopedia in Nevada …
    $150,000 for a rodeo museum in South Dakota …
    $238,000 for the Alaska PTA …
    $333,000 for a school sidewalk in Franklin, Texas, and …
    $1.7 million to research pig farts and poop in Iowa …
    This $410 billion bill, plus the $787 billion Obama and Congress spent last week, adds up to a staggering $1.2 trillion spent in Obama’s first 43 days in office.

That’s $28.6 billion per day … $1.2 billion per hour … $19.9 million per minute … $330,688 per second — 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If you began spending $1 million every day right now, you’d still have millions left over in the year 5296.

If you had started spending that $1 million a day in 1279 BC — the year Troy was destroyed … when Ramses II became pharaoh in Egypt … and when Moses was still living in Pharaoh’s house — you’d still have millions left.

The Dirty Little Secret That Obama and Congress
    Do NOT Want You to Know:
    While they make a grand public show of oozing empathy for “the poor,” Obama and Congressional scoundrels running up these huge deficits are, in fact, the poor’s worst nightmare for four clear reasons:

Higher taxes on business mean THE WORKING POOR — the most expendable employees at most companies — are more likely to lose their jobs as this crisis intensifies.
    Higher taxes on business caused by these deficits mean POOR CONSUMERS pay more for food, energy and many other things they buy.
    Huge deficits mean interest rates businesses pay will soar and as always, those costs will be passed on to THE POOR, along with the rest of us.
    Huge deficits also mean that THE POOR and the rest of us will be slammed by soaring inflation once this crisis ends and the trillions of dollars printed in the meantime inevitably destroy the buying power of our money.
    But as the poor are, by definition, the least educated members of our society, they remain blissfully unaware that they are being played for suckers …

And therefore, they continue to vote for the very liberal and/or corrupt politicians – Democrats and Republicans alike — who are enslaving them; dooming them to eternal dependence on Washington.

The bottom line: Phony empathy that results in dependence is not compassionate. Only fiscal conservatism can free the poor to better their lives.

If you remain silent,
    this abomination will be YOUR Fault.
    In Monday’s issue, I begged you to tell Obama, your senator and your representative that you’re on to them:

I urged you to tell Obama what you think by going to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ and sending him an e-mail.
    I suggested that you point your browser to http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm to get your senator’s e-mail and give him or her an earful every few days.
    And I proposed you go to http://www.house.gov/ and share your opinion with Pelosi as well as your personal representative.
    Tell them you know they’re welching on their promise to end earmarks and pork. Urge them to defeat this terrible bill. Threaten retaliation at the polls if they schlep this load of garbage through.

If you do, your conscience will be clear. If you don’t, you’ll have no excuse to complain when the pig poop hits the air conditioner.

2. fhl

fhl

caption time

[​IMG]

"don't be givin me none o that aks what you can do for your country stuff, i want a new ride!"

3. Is that Limbaugh? I know hot air rises, but I didn't think it could do that.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Hey asshole, where's my ice cream?"

5. TGregg

TGregg

No, like this:

"Hey mother #@*^^%, I voted for you, where's my <A href="http://wethepeople.org/wpblog/index.php/2009/02/28/childs-fable-free-ice-cream/">free ice cream</a>?!"

6. TGregg

TGregg

"Hey mofo, my mortgage ain't been paid yet. WTF are you doin' starin' out into space?! Pay my damn mortgage!!"