Do Rich people have accounts with retail brokers like Ameritrade or E*trade ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader45hf, Jul 11, 2020.

1. I think 100 MBPS is very basic, and not enough if you doing scalping or playing 1 min time frame. But i could be wrong, would like other member to confirm?

Also If you have 2GB graphic is not enough, most gaming laptops has 6GB Graphic. Trading Platforms function very similar to Gaming apps .

#21     Jul 12, 2020
  2. "showing me each second loss of money as well as the buy button, while simultaneously graying out the sell button? "
    You mean should grey out both buy and sell button same time .. yeah, it's strange, i was wondering why also ?

#22     Jul 12, 2020
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The very wealthy pay people to manage their money. I don’t know how else to explain it to you.

#23     Jul 12, 2020
    Nobert, rb7 and jl1575 like this.
  4. sorry, i misread your post, i thought wealthy people if trading, would use goldman sachs.

#24     Jul 12, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  5. Bugsy

Bugsy

You think 100 mb/s is very basic? That's extremely fast. It's currently the fastest offered in my area right now, though 1gb is coming. Even 100 mb/s is overkill according to the technician who installed my line It has more to do with bandwidth and how much can be pushed through the line at once. Since it is only me that is far more than I need. I would venture to say 99% of the traders on ET would tell you 100 mb/s is more than sufficient.

My graphics card is an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G. You can see a review of it on this AMD's website if you think it's not good enough.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-3-2200g

You seem to be trying very hard to put the fault on my end rather than Etrade's.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    #25     Jul 12, 2020
  6. yes, but i believe family offices need a broker account to buy or sell stocks

#26     Jul 12, 2020
    jys78 likes this.
  7. No , don't get me wrong. Since i never had account wit E*TRADE, and for the reason i had read some negative reviews on internet about them, so if you read my first post, my concern was geared Toward E*trade executions too .

#27     Jul 12, 2020
  8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

That is not what a family office typically does. They allocate toward managers, private equity and/or real estate. They build long term wealth and do not generally "trade".

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    #28     Jul 12, 2020
  9. Bugsy

Bugsy

This guy, who runs Warrior Trading, apparently had an issue with their execution as well. I'm not affiliated with him, nor do I follow him or his strategies. I remember seeing these videos BEFORE I began daytrading with Etrade. I took it with a grain of salt at the time.

#29     Jul 12, 2020
  10. I was
    i saw glimpse of this video when I was browsing for E*trade Pro on youtube and i can recalled it now, i have to watch it later, thanks

#30     Jul 12, 2020