Do Reporters Frontrun for Hedgies????

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Dec 16, 2008.

1. these are frankly bizzare allegations.

however, be prepared for much much more similar, as the paranoid panic right before the renewal begins.

surf

#11     Dec 17, 2008
  2. I'm not really sure what you're talking about 'bizarre'. Let me recap.

OSTK sued Gradient Analytic in 2005, along with Copper River partners. In a matter not directly related to Overstock, the SEC's SF office, initiated an investigation against Gradient, and subpoenaed Greenberg and Cramer. I've just gone thru the subpoena process, and although different at the SEC, it is fair to conclude these were for cause.

In an very unusual move given the short period of time, the SEC DC office dismissed Gradient, and over rode the subpoenas which, according to a now former staffer in SF, 'demoralized the agency.

Skip, skip, Madoff loots, conservatively 17bb, the sec snoozes. And I'm showing you emails that conclusively prove a reporter aided the now defunct Copper River with destroying a company. I now say, stay tuned, bigger names coming, and you say, 'bizarre'.

Seems to me pretty cut and dried.

#12     Dec 17, 2008
    #13     Dec 17, 2008
  4. Everything is bizarre until it's inserting in YOUR ass.

Then it becomes quite real.

Pray you don't get porked.

Oh, and when I posted this in Feb, I guess it was my paranoia flaring up again.
    -------------------------------------------
    stock777 said on 2-28-08 08:40 PM

You know, I used to think all these hedge fund guys were scum , gambling with other peoples $$$$ and disguising ponzi schemes with fancy math and fancy lunches.

Now I KNOW it.

----------------------------------------------------

#14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. None of this changes a simple fact:

Companies that lose money perpetually, every year, are destroying national wealth and harming us as a whole. Anyone who helps to put such an enterprise out of business as quickly as possible is performing a national service.

Byrne and his lackeys should be in jail. Or an asylum. (That includes you Fly-dude, regardless of how you are getting compensated.)

#15     Dec 18, 2008
  6. So, it's ok to cajole, bribe, do what ever you have to do to win at the short came, including stock manipulation? Thanks for sharing your perversion with us. I wonder how we got in this mess with clear thinking folks like you around to give well though out counsel.

Stay in Asia with the other poisonous snakes.

Tomorrow, we should have another name. 1000 pages is a lot. We'll be here a while. And no, Wayne, it's not Sylvia.

Somebody else agrees with me:

source:http://www.nypost.com/seven/12182008/business/business_briefs_144730.htm

Elgindy case

Former stock picker Anthony Elgindy lost an appeal of his convic tion for using inside in formation to make short sales and extort money from companies he wrote about in an online newsletter. A New York-based ap peals court upheld El gindy's 2005 conviction and sentence for rack eteering conspiracy, se curities fraud, wire fraud and extortion.

#16     Dec 18, 2008
  7. Cajolery is not a crime. You've never presented evidence that anyone must be bribed to become convinced that OSTK should be SOLD at every opportunity. That doing so, in fact, is a national service. You've only presented innuendo and sour grapes.

Any assclown can file a lawsuit. Doesn't mean squat. Its a cheap way for Byrne to postpone OSTK's his inevitable bankruptcy - because it might buy time for just one more secondary offering.

You keep trying to create tenuous links between short-selling and all these supposedly other nefarious activities.

What about CEOs who lie to the investing public DESPITE their own 'insider information' to the contrary.

Byrne should be hung.

If shorts had ferreted out the likes of Fuld, Skilling, Refco's Bennett in advance we'd all be better off. Good thing we've identified Byrne nonsense is more transparent.

#17     Dec 18, 2008
  8. Take a couple of lessons from this one. First, you can't hide. Judd will find you.

Second, well, just look at the second post in the comment section. People from all over the globe just say what they want on our message boards, and watch the people run for the exits.

And Third, since he accused me of taking money, which is false, Blue horseshit must be part of it. why defend such scurilous behavior?

http://www.deepcapture.com/introducing-john-hempton-the-plunderer-from-down-under/

should be another tomorrow if the sources check out. Real reporters check sources, if you remember.

My new source checks are saying prominent Republicans had warned Obama any lackey in the SEC would be challenged. They are assured Schapiro will do the job. And in his Press Conference, Barry said the right thing.

We must take back the night from scum like Blue, who seems to be an apologist for anarchy.

Tenuous? I 'm showing you the bodies and murder weapons. You have absolutely nothing. Because, there is nothing for your side.

#18     Dec 18, 2008

9. Truth is, there are bad actors in every business.

Most hedge funds are run by honest managers-- one bad actor doesn't make for a whole industry.

surf

#19     Dec 18, 2008
  10. My grandfather taught me to judge people by what they do, not what they say.

Fly has a lot to say, when just Buy-and-Hold OSTK would make his point that much better.

Telling ...

#20     Dec 18, 2008