do prop firms let top traders trade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SethArb, Aug 21, 2007.

1. timcar

timcar

Don, you forgot about 100% payout only at Bright Trading.

LOL: DAM I hate it when Don misses a chance to "flame" someone. LOL

ONLY talking about firms that practice most if not all these deadly sins.

1. Payout until the NEXT month.

2. Hold traders deposit for a year.

3. Provide trader low amount of leverage.

4. Poor trading platform.

5. High per share commish rate.

6. Extra fees charged to traders accounts.

7. Payout less than 90% of traders profits.

While Bright grades out good for some features, a few deadly sins are unavoidable.

At Bright Trading: trader must pay higher commish rate than other Prop firms and at most times higher than retail rates. Not picking on you at all Don just when the numbers get totaled Bright trading commish expenses are high.

#11     Aug 21, 2007
  2. glad things have changed ... (?) in the old days

at some firms that are no longer around

active trading was encouraged

:p

#12     Aug 21, 2007
  3. Thanks for the kind thing you have said, and I really appreciate it. Things change, as they say, and our business, like most, changes so much that it's hard for the public to keep up. Things change, rates are negotiable, overall I like to think we are the most competitive package. We keep on growing, volume is up, and we have over 50% of our people who are with us since 2001 or before...and they aren't stupid, they are long time traders.

Well, all I can say is that rates are based on so many factors that it can appear, taking "worst case scenarios" that some traders may pay at the high end...we have brought so many traders from other "bargain basement" firms that I have to respectfully disagree when you judge the whole package with us. Everything is negotiable. And, the traders bottom line $$ is what counts.

All the best,

Don

#13     Aug 21, 2007
  4. timcar

timcar

DAM IT !!!! I hate that when I try to "flame" Bright Trading by saying that their commish rates are very high(compared to others) and then Don turns the tables on me by saying something intelligent. (see quote above)

Trader needs to look at "whole package" commish cost and features provided.

If trader wants $5 burger then(MCD) $10 burger(RRGB).

Agree mostly with DON if trader wants good features at Prop firm then paying higher commish rate is necessary.

#14     Aug 23, 2007
  5. LOL

Don :D

#15     Aug 23, 2007