Do pilots make better traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Tums, Oct 24, 2006.

1. #11     Oct 24, 2006
  2. jem

jem

that is rough. I guess it did make the As the better traders

#12     Oct 24, 2006
  3. That's bad taste.

But it has a point, amateur pilot... not a good idea. Amateur trader... neither.

#13     Oct 24, 2006
  4. EliteEd

EliteEd

Could be, as could anyone with a disciplined military background. Especially if they devoted full time to it. However, I do know that pilots have a terrible reputation as investors.......at least during their careers.

#14     Oct 24, 2006
  5. ken__0

ken__0

you have to be careful.
    all the pilot traders will unionize and strike if things dont go their way.

#15     Oct 24, 2006
  6. blk

blk

I had a chance to chat with Joe Dinapoli briefly and he did mention that the pilot profession is the most conducive to trading.

#16     Oct 24, 2006
  7. AgaHill

AgaHill

8. Doesn't matter how good a pilot is...all traders need to have that "gut feeling" to be successful IMO.

Marty Swchartz hit the nail on the head when he said show him a good and profitable gambler and he'll show you then a good trader..

( I have a friend who drives in Nascar Nextel ( and he will remain nameless) and he sucks driving on the highway. And the first time we played golf, I could not believe how bad he sucked at that as well...But going around in circles at Daytona he does great..but then he has spotters and crew chief talking to him all the time.)

#18     Oct 24, 2006
  9. Banjo

Banjo

aeronautical decision making skills, basically ability to react to flight problems

#19     Oct 24, 2006
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Do pilots trade when they're high?

But seriously, I believe experienced traders make the best traders. In other words, your other/previous profession probably has little relation to good trading.

#20     Oct 24, 2006