Do NOT Take Vitamins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 16, 2008.

1. how about this one; the death toll from eating meat is 99% because most those who eat meat have shown to die in their 80s, vegetarians on the other hand live some 10,000 years

first off everyone dies, and usually it is very hard to blame ones death or age of death on a specific object or subject, though a smaller percentage of the population do die of clear cases like car accidents

second, everything has it's pros and cons, there is really nothing perfect in this universe, sucks doesn't it?! but that's the way it is, and I am sure fruits have their own cons too, it's just a matter of which ones pros outweighs it's cons and by what factor, and I bet it would be almost impossible to find a decent article that does compare them properly, plus we don't even have sufficient knowledge and technology to do so, and also I am sure it would change from person to person

#21     Apr 22, 2008
    #22     Apr 22, 2008
  3. Traderzone
    "You are incorrect. There is little credible evidence that vitamin supplements do what has been claimed."

Pick any vitamin and do a pubmed search on it. You will find reams of evidence that it works also reams of evidence that support your view also. Back in the day I was a study junkie and concluded that the evidence shows that some supplements do work as claimed and some don't. They are just beginning to understand how supplements work and still have a very long way to go. In my opinion it's too early to make blanket statements that all supplements do not work.
    Take IP6 for example and the cancer fighting effects it has. The studies on vitamin D also show strong cancer fighting effects on colon cancer. Fish oil is another supplement that has many health benefits.

#23     Apr 23, 2008
    #24     Apr 24, 2008
  5. What are you one of those guys who have to argue everything? This isn't politics or religion.

Folate is good for you as are other b VITAMINS with little or no negative side effects and no proof or evidence that I've read that they shorten life or even harmful, take your folate! Same with vitamin C and the other water soluble VITAMINS.

FYI iron isn't a vitamin either. But since you mentioned minerals take your magnesium also.

#25     Apr 24, 2008
    #26     Apr 24, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

500 mg of C a day keeps doctor away, hence the real reason why 'they' say vitamin is bad for you.

#27     Apr 24, 2008
  8. OK already I give up, I had oats for breakfast and a salad for lunch. I hope your happy now.

#28     Apr 25, 2008