Do not read if you're in a sad mood

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Here is a factual story.

Sometimes we hear of a mother who abandons her newly born baby and we stand oh so ready to condemn her about such horrendous behaviour.

However, the difference between a loving mother and an uncaring mother is having or not having a particular hormone released by the body which is responsible for the mother behaving in a 'motherly fashion' and wanting to protect the baby.

If you don't believe the above story please check with your gynaecologist next time you pay him a visit Lobster.

Sorry Henry that we got sofar off track from your original question.

Cheers,

Jack

#41     Jan 4, 2003
  2. That is par for the course around here, my friend.

#42     Jan 4, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You're implying that protection and abandonment are the only two choices. The fact that one does not have a motherly "instinct" does not assume that the only other option is to toss the baby into a dumpster. To do so is not a hormonal imperative. It is a choice, as are giving the baby up for adoption or selling it or keeping it and making its life miserable or . . .

--Db

#43     Jan 5, 2003
  4. The $200k or 400$ or whatever remains is nothing if you have several millions of debts over that was based on your assets before you lose it. You just think in abstraction not in day to day life. What will you do when you don't have a penny to even buy a sugar piece ? You think it is just an image ? Well I once met a client who has been a business man spending more than 5000$ in a signle day at supermarket and one day he lost his business and he really starved so as not to be able to even buy a piece of sugar - I employ his own expression ! He then washed the car of his neighbour so as to receive some money.

So don't speak like politicians, about abstract moral or things like that, and look at real life of people !

What will you do yourself if one day you have nothing left and that bankers will come and take your house and your children lookt at you crying huh ? Don't tell me it's not a problem statistics for debts is worst in US than any other country with more 100% of revenue of debt on average.

#44     Jan 5, 2003
  5. I don't have more details because she was not a friend of mine directly and I don't want to ask details to the person who knows her directly because it can be painful for him to remember.

#45     Jan 5, 2003
  6. HARRY WHO GIVES A SH*T?

IF YOU WANNA WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING...

YOU BETTER START WORRYING ABOUT YOUR ASS.

CAUSE YOU WILL BE JOINING HER ALL TOO SOON.:(

#46     Jan 5, 2003
  7. I don't know who Lobster is but funny that when one hears you it is only for personal attacks on someone else. Do you have other interests apart from that ? What do you think of gold or euro or Dow Jones for example I never hear anything from you on those subjects huh :)

#47     Jan 5, 2003
  8. What are you afraid of ? I said not to read this post if you are sad or not strong enough to read it. I can talk of that without any problem, if you have a problem, well it's your problem not mine.

I'm not scared to look at reality. People's realities. Winning much money doesn't prevent me from looking at others people and I think many traders trade on the moon forgetting they live on earth, so I just make them remember :)

I like to see people reactions about subject they don't want to hear about.

#48     Jan 5, 2003
  9. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THIS CONCERN OVER THE DEAD??

(PARTICULARLY THOSE DEAD OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING)

YOUR CONCERN SHOULD LIE WITH THE **LIVING**!

THE DEAD ARE GONE ...FOREVER.

TOO BAD. SO SAD.

GLAD IT IS NOT ME.

(YET)

MY WORRIES ARE WITH *ME*.

STAY ABOVE GROUND AND YOU WILL BE OK.

BETTER THINK ABOUT *YOUR* ASS.

99% OF THE POOR DEAD MF'ERS YOU ARE FRETTING OVER WOULD NOT DO THE SAME FOR YOU.

WAKE UP FOOL.

#49     Jan 5, 2003
  10. I don't speak about death or car accident, I speak about stock market influence on people psychology, illustrating it with a case I know. You all said that psychology is important and influence you in your trading and you won't admit that for common people well it's strange attitude.

#50     Jan 5, 2003