do not call registration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nkhoi, Jul 3, 2003.

1. I was a retail broker for 4 years.....tried to do the right thing and barely made a salary while the churning brokers made millions. So I am very soured on that end of the biz
    I believe that there is a loophole that states something like "the company may call on an existing or previous client". So.....if they have a guy who closed his account 5 years ago you can bet he will still get called.
    One thing to think about is that this law will weed out the unscrupulous companies that are not looking for return biz...just a quick hit.

#21     Sep 23, 2003
  2. I understand the sympathy you may feel...but fuck that. I have gotten calls and tried to be nice(because I was one of them as a broker and understood) but 99% of them will fuck with you first because you cant get your hands around thier neck. You tell them no thanks and they give your number to every swinging dick in the phone bank to call you and hang up. sorry for the rant :mad:

#22     Sep 23, 2003
  3. the worst is when you get a call and it's a recorded message saying to please stay on hold and wait for the next available person.

YEEEEAH RIIIIGHT

#23     Sep 23, 2003
  4. the 2nd worst is when you say you're not interested and they STILL try to twist your arm and get you to keep listening to them.

#24     Sep 23, 2003
  5. I guess every sales job is like that,whether it's over the phone or face to face.Just like trying to pick up woman,you have to be pushy sometimes to close the sale.

#25     Sep 23, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Man, I hate these solicitation calls. I must get 10 a day and most of them have no one on the line, just blank. Or they are a machine. I never answer the phone, just let the machine pick up. When I hear it is someone I want to talk to, I grab the phone.:) :)

#26     Sep 24, 2003
  7. True...you ask once...get a "no"....you pitch again and try one more time. If you get a second "no" thats it you are not getting the sale. You have to ask twice is because it is peoples natural response to say "not interested" the first time. They may even love the idea or product and really want it....psychology dictates that they have to at least put up a fight.

Sorry about ranting again...I have to buy a new car this weekend and have stomach cramps thinking about dealing with a car salesman...they are gonna love me :D

#27     Sep 24, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

I read a couple of books on car negotiating, it can be fun if you really want to play the game, get a couple of accomplices and do a lot of theatrics. Doesn't necessarily pay that much per hour but hey, it's the weekend, not like you are taking time off from trading.

But on topic, a Federal Judge just shot down the no call list!!

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid={4EEB1202-F9FC-4BC5-B388-B2F6911B6B0F}&siteid=mktw

I guess we have to go back to screwing with them. I liked keeping them on the line because it meant they could mess with less total people per hour.

#28     Sep 24, 2003
  9. LOL :D I might have to try that one....always up for screwing the screwer

Back on topic = oh well..back to fucking with them..try this one = make up your own language when you answer the phone...fun for the whole family! :D

#29     Sep 24, 2003
  10. :D ehehe nice little updated database there :D

up to date personal numbers, info... and all in one nice little handy central gov't cyber location:cool: :cool: :cool:

data miners and "others" already drooling:D :D

#30     Sep 24, 2003