Do Not Buy Gas May 19, 2004!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SKRILLA'S_BACK!, May 18, 2004.

1. Government spending will never produce results. The private sector has to start getting serious about alternative energy before any real head way can be made.

#11     May 19, 2004
  2. I think it's great every time the price of gas goes up. I'd love to see it go to $5 or $10 a gallon.

No, I'm not crazy and no I don't have a lot of oil company stock. As the price goes up, you'll see fewer and fewer cars on the road driving around for nothing. With fewer cars, there'll be fewer accidents. I know at least a dozen people that have been killed in car accidents. That number would be a lot less if gas was more expensive.

The environment would fare a lot better with more expensive gas. No-one knows for sure what will happen to our earth the way we are all burning so much gas. The environment a terrible thing to gamble with just for the sake of being able to get to the mall cheaply.

If we had to switch to using bicycles and walking we would all benefit from the exercise. I'd gladly park my car and take a bicycle everywhere if it wasn't for the fear of being run over by a big SUV.

#12     May 19, 2004
  3. Gas suppliers run their inventories on a weekly basis. People who don't buy gas on the 19'th will just end up adding more demand the next day.

#13     May 19, 2004
  4. ktm

ktm

Wow. That would require thinking about tomorrow and not just today. Good luck getting one of these blabbering liberals to do that.

#14     May 19, 2004
  5. Please, your little ploy to warn everyone to not buy gas on a certain day is a waste of time.

There is no way you can have people not buy gas today.

This reminds me of the emails I used to get to boycott Exxon/Mobil gas.

What utter bullshit and a waste of a post IMO.

#15     May 19, 2004
  6. rcreal

rcreal

"You have a business that is in the hands of a few men, and they see that the price is kept up. It's not regulated by supply and demand, it's regulated by manipulation."

-- Will Rogers circa 1918-1935

Front inside jacket, The Best of Will Rogers

#16     May 19, 2004
  7. cajunboy

cajunboy

Fat, dumb, and happy Americans....

Who do you want to blame for this problem, George Bush.
    John, dumb dumb, Kerry, wants you to believe the government can solve all the problems if he were president, yeah right. He is an absolute disaster who does not know the truth when it slaps him in the face, Mr Clinton, Jr.

The economy is bigger than any government and supply and demand always rules in the end. ECON 101....

People should just look in the mirror, that is where the problem starts and ends.

Stop driving the tank cars and SUVs. "I think I need another Hummer." Gas is still a bargain compared to what the rest of the world pays.

Plus Americans still don't get the fact they need mass transit all over the US, not just in the Northeast. Tell the people in California to get out of there cars and they would not know what to do if they could not sit on the freeways and talk on there cell phones for two hours on there way from destination to destination....

It is always easy to just blame someone else or some companies for the problems that you have created instead of trying to fix the problems...

WAKE UP AMERICANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE...........

#17     May 19, 2004
  8. pspr

pspr

Is this John Kerry's solution to the energy problem? Typical. :D

#18     May 19, 2004
  9. You have to give more notice than this. My low fuel light is on.

#19     May 19, 2004
  10. Boycotting gas for a day will not help anyone, nor will it lower gas prices...Care to explain how creating a 4 billion dollar loss will lower costs. Simple economics explains that if you want prices to be lower you have two options...Increase supply, or decrease demand. It never ceases to amaze me how many fools there are out there...

Mike

#20     May 19, 2004