Do most traders even have an edge?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by empee, Nov 28, 2007.

1. So your saying im up over 150% because of luck? Wow you are an idiot lol!! There is no edge you guys. There is only the ability to watch and predict what the market is going to do next by the way it trades. Now either you can or you can't do this.

#101     Dec 17, 2007
  2. edge = talent

edge = consistency

edge != my special triple guppy ema setting overlayed with CCI

edge = I R GOOD TRADER

Edge is just a condescending way of saying ''i am a good trader and you are not''

#102     Dec 17, 2007

3. Exactly!!! Wow what a smart guy!

#103     Dec 17, 2007
  4. Try it again, dense guy

"I havn't the slightest clue as to what my edge possibly could be. That proves the whole "edge" thing is just a way for people... "

It is as strong proof as: "Gee, I went into the garage, so I must be a car! Gee, I went down to the docks, so I must be a cargo freighter!"

In other words, your experience doesn't prove anything. No one mentioned about your self-absorbed fascination with your little win - which is likely luck anyway. You are rather feckless...

[​IMG]

#104     Dec 17, 2007
  5. perfect. couldnt have said it better myself. the edge is in the plan. no plan, no edge. pretty simple.

#105     Dec 18, 2007
  6. some people are just so upset that they cannot make money on their own, their edge then becomes trying to hammer anyone who can turn a profit in the markets. Who cares you cannot explain yourself, as long as you make money without throwing your neck out on every trade. I remember when I first started I became profitable before I even learned what a doji was. Then when I learned these terms they became a big joke in the board room, we would take turns yelling DOJI!!! and HARAMI!! oh man those were the days. That was a long time ago.

But buddy, you are not explaining yourself correctly as everything you look at on your screen can give you an "edge". It is all in the way you process this information in real time and how fast you react to this information will show just how sharp your edge really is.

#106     Dec 18, 2007
  7. This is a rather misguided wrap up. No one is unhappy that he "made 150%." He throws his anecdotal "I have no clue how i made money" as definitive proof that there is no such thing as an edge (way misguided), and then misunderstands a very basic response as somehow dissing his 150% gain. if you don't understand this, then, nothing can be said...

#107     Dec 18, 2007
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

hey i have that same goofy picture.... :D

#108     Dec 18, 2007
  9. So: What is an edge? :p

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170510

Perhaps the probability and consistency of winning certainty (in both relative and incremental measures) that allows maximum possible betting for the best potental profit size!:D

Probably every trader would have an edge, but for many (me included) their edges could be just relatively small. :mad:

#109     Jul 18, 2009