Do markets change? Trend Following.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AFJ Garner, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Spoken like an attorney.

#41     Nov 2, 2009
  2. Just so. I feel that we have had an amicable and useful discussion.

#42     Nov 2, 2009
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Did you read the depositions?

#43     Nov 2, 2009
  4. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Garner, your UK publisher was nice enough to send me a copy of your book. I will post feedback soon.

#44     Nov 5, 2009
  5. I hope you enjoy it.

#45     Nov 5, 2009
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Does the final copy have an index? Or is there no index? And to be sure I have final copy, it is a 175 page paperback only priced at about $45 USD?

#46     Nov 5, 2009
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

You recommend that new traders listen to someone (Faith) whose trading firm was brought down in a CFTC investigation whereby client monies were being stolen by an employee to start a barbie doll collection. Not to mention the trading strategy employed. Time to read those depositions. By my count there are only two apologists left.

#47     Nov 5, 2009
  8. Does the world _have_ to be divided in a Covel v. Faith fashion (it seems that way from most comments directed at either of them) - Michael, obviously this is not directed at you as you have a "history" with Faith...

To be honest I have books from both and I enjoyed reading them both.

I ignore the debate that most seem to hang on to (and try to revive?)...

Even if Faith blew up his fund (these depositions are proof that this is fact), he is involved in the Trading Blox development which looks like a great trading system + the story he tells in his book is good (I dont care if its the absolute truth or not - you just have to take it for what it is: a story).

As for Covel, Trend Following is very good and inspiring (and endorsed by very succesful traders)... I believe if he was not selling systems but a very succesful fund manager (which he might be secretly?) his book would be hailed as the "greatest trading book of all time" - so its just a matter of context I believe: intrinsically the book is very good (what do you think there is to fault?).
    Complete Turtle Trader was very good and insightful too.

Take them both as they are and I am sure you can benefit from both..

#48     Nov 5, 2009
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The world is not divided into any such camp. If there is any division it is between the other Turtles and CF and or CF and the truth. I have simply reported on that with clearly some few people not liking that reporting. Bottom line, I have spent considerable time uncovering a complete Turtle story across many vantages and many players. Those depositions (and many other elements of the Turtle story, i.e. the research the 4 turtles did who figured their rules were off, etc) would not be public if not for my efforts. I don't apologize. If a minority view want to use my insights/revelations/criticisms to create a schism or battle, that is not my concern. I will continue to make sure people understand the issues with all facts out there.

#49     Nov 5, 2009
  10. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Where is the evidence for this statement? Are you speaking of his firm Acceleration Capital barred by the CFTC? Additionally, government depositions paint a different picture that you seem intent to ignore (1 and 2). I can't figure out whether you are a serious person, but delusional or just crazy.

#50     Nov 5, 2009