Do kids learn trading better than adults?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Tradesmith, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Very unfortunate, but true.

#11     Aug 6, 2003
  2. Pound

Pound

I remember, during the turn of the bubble, when Gary Coleman was filing for bankruptcy. He was on TV telling people to "stay away from the tech/internet stocks".

is he still a kid? how old is that guy?

#12     Aug 6, 2003
  3. Same with muscles: if you don't exercise, you lose them. But it is possible to be as physically and mentally fit as you only want as long as you exercise your muscles and brain.

#13     Aug 7, 2003
  4. I don't think most kids could handle the stress of seeing money go bye-bye. I'm still kind of a kid (21) and I know it is tough on me.

#14     Aug 7, 2003
  5. 0008

Trading is just similar to playing chess or piano. The earlier you start to learn it, the better! You need to spend very long time before you can master them.

#15     Aug 7, 2003
  6. Neil

Neil

Thats possibly the silliest post yet on elite.. lol you really believe that? If you are under 25 then I guess that would explain such a pessimistic viewpoint.. if you are actually an adult then you must have a very grim outlook on the future!

I am mid 40's and I may not be as fit as I was in my 20's but I am sure smarter! Youth is not actually noted for its intelligence or common sense... both of which are interlinked in my opinion and overall intelligence is a combination of them.. not the ability to figure out how to program a new video faster or have the stamina to dance all night..

and any tendancy for intelligence to deteriorate in all us old folks over 25.. has not managed to impact the world too much.. with most of the great inventions and developments etc coming from the brains of adults over the age of consent..

So there! lol
    Neil

#16     Aug 7, 2003
  7. sammybea

sammybea

Lets be honest.. most of the money that is made in trading is by a select few. I would venture to guess 80% lose money, another 10-15% tread water, while only 5% could actually "teach" trading to others. Gurus who sell systems don't care if you succeed or not. They already win if you tried what they are selling. I have a feeling that you are not going to be receiving any cash from a kid. Well, can you teach a kid trading.. YES. Should 95% of traders.. NO.

#17     Aug 7, 2003
  8. Ditch

Ditch

I think this is a very poor comparison. Chess and piano playing are basically leisure activities, where as the purpose of trading is purely professional, focused on making money in it's barest form. Kids don't crasp the concept of money, so how can trading be any fun to them other then pleasing daddy or mommy? To me that seems to be the major objective of the advocates.

#18     Aug 7, 2003
  9. Obviously you have no idea. Just look into the process how
    your IQ is calculated during an IQ test.
    If you make more errors in the test as a younger person,
    you still may get a higher IQ score... that says it all, doesn't it ?

#19     Aug 7, 2003
  10. i wrote:

intelligence deteriorates quickly for ages > 25
    __without new stimuli___

the last part is most important. you can be mentally
    as fit as you want (of course up to certain limits),
    but you have to do something. and trading is probably
    not what i mean.
    play memory, read books, go out.

#20     Aug 7, 2003