Do Jews have a future in America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Nov 24, 2006.

1. man

man

whatever an "American" is these days ...

#11     Nov 30, 2006
  2. man

man

without this force of evil you would not have a keyboard to type on,
    my little rightwing of a drunken dove. below find the nobel prize
    winners just for physics, which were rooted in that evil force. you
    might recognise a couple of names ... ah, no, you won't.

1907 Michelson, Albert A.
    "for his optical precision instruments and the spectroscopic and metrological investigations carried out with their aid" Poland
    1908 Lippmann, Gabriel
    "for his method of reproducing colors photographically based on the phenomenon of interference" Luxembourg
    1921 Einstein, Albert
    "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect" Germany
    1922 Bohr, Niels
    "for his services in the investigation of the structure of atoms and of the radiation emanating from them" Denmark
    1925 Franck, James
    "for their discovery of the laws governing the impact of an electron upon an atom" Germany
    1943 Stern, Otto
    "for his contribution to the development of the molecular ray method and his discovery of the magnetic moment of the proton" Germany
    1944 Rabi, Isidor Isaac
    "for his resonance method for recording the magnetic properties of atomic nuclei" Austria
    1945 Pauli, Wolfgang
    "for the discovery of the Exclusion Principle, also called the Pauli Principle" Austria
    1952 Bloch, Felix
    "for their development of new methods for nuclear magnetic precision measurements and discoveries in connection therewith" Switzerland
    1954 Born, Max
    "for his fundamental research in quantum mechanics, especially for his statistical interpretation of the wavefunction" Germany
    1958 Frank, Il'ja M.
    "for the discovery and the interpretation of the Cherenkov effect" Russia
    1958 Tamm, Igor Y.
    "for the discovery and the interpretation of the Cherenkov effect" Russia
    1959 Segre, Emilio Gino
    "for their discovery of the antiproton" Italy
    1960 Glaser, Donald A.
    "for the invention of the bubble chamber" USA
    1961 Hofstadter, Robert
    "for his pioneering studies of electron scattering in atomic nuclei and for his thereby achieved discoveries concerning the structure of the nucleons" USA
    1962 Landau, Lev D.
    "for his pioneering theories for condensed matter, especially liquid helium" Azerbaijan
    1963 Wigner, Eugene P.
    "for his contributions to the theory of the atomic nucleus and the elementary particles, particularly through the discovery and application of fundamental symmetry principles" Hungary
    1965 Feynman, Richard P.
    "for their fundamental work in quantum electrodynamics, with deep-ploughing consequences for the physics of elementary particles" USA
    1965 Schwinger, Julian
    "for their fundamental work in quantum electrodynamics, with deep-ploughing consequences for the physics of elementary particles" USA
    1967 Bethe, Hans A.
    "for his contributions to the theory of nuclear reactions, especially his discoveries concerning the energy production in stars" Germany
    1969 Gell-Mann, Murray
    "for his contributions and discoveries concerning the classification of elementary particles and their interactions" USA
    1971 Gabor, Dennis
    "for his invention and development of the holographic method" Hungary
    1972 Cooper, Leon N.
    "for their jointly developed theory of superconductivity, usually called the BCS-theory" USA
    1973 Josephson, Brian D.
    "for his theoretical predictions of the properties of a supercurrent through a tunnel barrier, in particular those phenomena which are generally known as the Josephson effects" UK
    1975 Mottelson, Ben Roy
    "for the discovery of the connection between collective motion and particle motion in atomic nuclei and the development of the theory of the structure of the atomic nucleus based on this connection" USA
    1976 Richter, Burton
    "for their pioneering work in the discovery of a heavy elementary particle of a new kind" USA
    1978 Penzias, Arno A.
    "for their discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation" Germany
    1979 Glashow, Sheldon L.
    "for their contributions to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles, including inter alia the prediction of the weak neutral current" USA
    1979 Weinberg, Steven
    "for their contributions to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles, including inter alia the prediction of the weak neutral current" USA
    1988 Lederman, Leon M.
    "for the neutrino beam method and the demonstration of the doublet structure of the leptons through the discovery of the muon neutrino" USA
    1988 Schwartz, Melvin
    "for the neutrino beam method and the demonstration of the doublet structure of the leptons through the discovery of the muon neutrino" USA
    1988 Steinberger, Jack
    "for the neutrino beam method and the demonstration of the doublet structure of the leptons through the discovery of the muon neutrino" Germany
    1990 Friedman, Jerome I.
    "for their pioneering investigations concerning deep inelastic scattering of electrons on protons and bound neutrons, which have been of essential importance for the development of the quark model in particle physics" USA
    1992 Charpak, Georges
    "for his invention and development of particle detectors, in particular the multiwire proportional chamber" Poland
    1995 Perl, Martin L.
    "for the discovery of the tau lepton " Russia
    1995 Reines, Frederick
    "for the detection of the neutrino" USA
    1996 Lee, David M.
    "for their discovery of superfluidity in helium-3" USA
    1997 Cohen-Tannoudji, Claude
    "for development of methods to cool and trap atoms with laser light" Algeria
    2000 Alferov, Zhores I.
    "for basic work on information and communication technology" Russia
    2003 Abrikosov, Alexei A.
    "for pioneering contributions to the theory of superconductors and superfluids" Russia
    2003 Ginzburg, Vitaly L.
    "for pioneering contributions to the theory of superconductors and superfluids" Russia
    2004 Gross, David J.
    "for the discovery of asymptotic freedom in the theory of the strong interaction" USA
    2004 Politzer, H. David
    "for the discovery of asymptotic freedom in the theory of the strong interaction" USA
    2005 Glauber, Roy J.
    "for his contribution to the quantum theory of optical coherence" USA

#12     Nov 30, 2006
  3. man

man

do you know an older, still existing culture? save your braincells:
    you don't.

#13     Nov 30, 2006
  4. man

man

and by the way. i am not jewish. so when you hate what i say
    don't blame it on them.

#14     Nov 30, 2006
  5. man

man

brought knowledge in science, medicine, business with them
    which immensely affected the society they came to in any
    positive way one could think of. the history of european migration
    is the history of rise and fall of the countries they came to and
    had to leave from. in case you ever heard about "europe" ...
    really tough to talk to someone with your level of literacy ...

and do you know with how much unfairness and brutal cruelty
    they were treated? sh ... again, how could you.

a little lesson, though. see, they knew very much. very much.
    their children could read. imagine. "read". at a time when your
    predecessors could hardly talk. THAT was there mistake. and
    they were condemned by bunches and bunches of liars and
    idiots. over centuries. guess why? because of their "evil force" ...?

#15     Nov 30, 2006
  6. man

man

why the hell did you choose this handle? is it a video-game???
    no. don't answer. if you can manage, by any means do not
    answer to any of my posts.

#16     Nov 30, 2006
  7. I didn't read cognitis post, but it is rather odd to call someone who denigrates jews a right winger. The right wing is on israel's side. A few isolated conservatives speak ill of the jews, but the left wing bashes them relentlessly. All the while, of course, stating that they love them. (just like they do to the US military)

#17     Dec 6, 2006
  8. Can Egyptians be considered a culture? If so, I think you have the answer to your question.

#18     Dec 6, 2006
  9. man

man

somehow: touche. then again i would think that current egypt
    culture differs a lot from the one responsible for the pyramids.
    if your argument was true then the oldest land are on earth
    where humans still live is the oldest culture. which is clearly not
    what i intended with my post.
    and while ancient egypt has not too much in common with today's
    government, i'd believe that mosaic tradition is quite in tact.
    nevertheless i do not want to get into hair splitting.

#19     Dec 6, 2006
  10. man

man

right of what you might call right are the nazis. maybe it is not
    an often used term in the US but in europe we call them "extreme
    right" and they share a common antisemitic tendency.

#20     Dec 6, 2006