Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Feb 12, 2013.

Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy?

1. Yes. Although I suppose it depends on what one means by "hurt"

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No. Although I suppose it depends on what one means by "hurt"

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I don't know

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy?

Hmnnnn..

Headline should ask:

Does a taxpayer funded academic who makes 150 k a year who gets a 500k grant (paid for by taxpayers) to study a tomatoe picker "Help the Economy"?

3. One of my friends, his parents are from Mexico and they used to come to Texas to work for a farmer during planting and harvest. The farmer told his dad to bring his wife to have her babies here (Texas) so they would be citizens. Should this mans citizenship be revoked and he deported?, He's lived in the US his whole life and his kids were born here. Should his kids be deported? Does Lucrum want to kill all of them with his assualt weapon, from a distance of course. My friend has a degree from a US college and owns a small business, he sends his kids to private school and owns his house and has the nicest yard on the block. Is he legal? Is he hurting the U.S. economy?

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Does he pay the illegal he hires for medical insurance? If so, then there's little fiscal drag. Otherwise, when they use the medical system, there's a fiscal drag. Also, if and when they use the education system, there is a drag since they are not paying taxes.

5. I watched a BBC doccie about human and drug smuggling from across the border and the smuggler said that 70% of their cost was paying off officials on the US side. A small boost.

6. Hey, in GOD we trust, dontcha know!:D

7. pspr

pspr

I refuse to vote in your poll, Nitro, since you feel the need to qualify the available answers. Others should do the same.

8. He doesn't hire illegals, he was born here by Mexican parents. Focus ;).

9. nitro

nitro

I understand. I meant only to help in this case because hurt is such a loaded word. That is why it is both in Yes and No.

Also, you could just state in the post what you would have voted for instead of voting at all. It isn't meant to try to force an answer into a black and white box.

10. Mav88

Mav88

I don't think the question is hard, 'do they generate more wealth than they take?'

the answer is no

#10     Feb 12, 2013