Do I need to have a license to publish my analysis?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ozzie123, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. ozzie123



    I run a blog which posted some of my market analysis (including a recommendation of certain stocks). I already put the disclaimer in place to protect me from anything harmful.

    Someone reminded me that I need a license to publish some buy/sell recommendation (an SEC licensed analyst).

    Is that true? Or is he just bluffing?
  2. No, that's not true at all. The "SEC licensed analyst" is wrong and might want to review his own license materials...

    In the US, no license or registration with any government agency is needed in order to publish general (that is, non-client-specific) investment or trading advice, recommendations, analysis, etc. on the web, by email, by fax or in any other form.