Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by token_ring, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hello all,

I would really appreciate if someone could provide insight regarding matters that bother me. =)

I am trying to make a switch to trading industry, meaning that in my 5-years of commercial software development I never worked in trading environment.

If we assume that I have intelectual capacity (last two tech books I have read are PhD thesis from Cambridge University), and if, for example, I implement at my spare time following:

-FIX 5.0 compliant engine in C++ using, for example, boost and ACE

-distributed, linearly scalable order matching engine (which supports cluster membership and ordering services) with business use case being Trade Capture (Streetside) Reporting where there is need to do matching of trade reports as described in post trade specification of FIX (high volume, cant vertically scale on single box)

Do you guys think this will be enough for some company to hire me as software developer? I just want chance to enter the game and I have no problem working extremely hard to develop myself further.

One of major problems I see is that I would require visa sponsorship for either US or EU since I am coming from third world country.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Cheers