do hammers like barely ever happen?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1a2b3cppp, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Upon reading that trading hammers thread, I opened a chart of 5 minute ES and was looking for hammers. There were like maybe 3 in a two week period. Pretty understandable pattern I think.

2. There are three verbs in the posed question, which consists of six words. This type of grammatical structure is too exotic for me to understand.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    d08, cvds16, sss12 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

TIL: barely ever = once a week

sss12 likes this.
  4. sss12

sss12

Or INTC today.

5. here are 2 strong hints. what does a hammer look like on a smaller timeframe? study all the hammers u can find on smaller tfs. next hint.. besides the hammer on a higher tf, what else does this smaller pattern show up as on a higher tf? ;)

true appreciation on how to trade these come from self discovery. one will not appreciate the context behind this pattern formation without self discovery. these hints should take you there

Simples and cvds16 like this.
  6. cvds16

cvds16

hammers in itself are nog so important unless they are kind of pinbars, even then you need confirmation of some sort ... I'll leave you to find that out for yourself ... don't watn to spoil the game for you lol

7. I see them happen a lot. But I look at daily and weekly charts. If you are looking at minute-by-minute charts, I don't know.

8. Here is a hammer today then be sure to check that the price went up about 40% in the minutes following it.

9. tomorton

tomorton

Your concerns about the frequency of hammer formations suggests that's also the focus of your trading - find a hammer, open a trade. In fact, successful trading is not about finding the best type of entry pattern. A short-term entry pattern like a hammer is the least important element of a trading strategy and over-focusing on this alone is likely to mislead you into false positions which are ultimately not going to make a great profit.

Obviously, this is not unique to hammers, the same goes for all short-term candlestick / chart patterns.

10. kellys

kellys

@1a2b3cppp
    The only useful hammers are the ones down in your back shed.

#10     Jan 6, 2018