Do full-time forex traders exist or is it just make believe?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by zbojnik, Apr 4, 2013.

1. cornix

cornix

How are edges in index futures different from currencies?

#51     Apr 17, 2013
  2. cornix

cornix

Frankly, I find index futures to be easier indeed compared to FX, but mostly thanks to known times of the most activity.

#52     Apr 17, 2013
  3. the first thing I noticed when I started trading forex was how interested people that live in small border countries were in their exchange rate. Much more so than they were interested in the DJIA.

#53     Apr 17, 2013
  4. sheda

sheda

There are stock traders who consistently profit on a level that allows them to pursue trading as their only means of income...

WRONG -- Stocks are a dealer based model that is ripe with shenanigans by the dealers and HFT!

Not without being of a particular capital size and within the information flow--- otherwise, these folks and pro-gamblers are the same-- meaning very very few and most of them started from a position of wealth.

Fantasy and self delusion runs deep in chat forums. If you don't get this, perhaps you are the mark. Stocks are bogus and you know it.

---------------

We can apply your attitude to any area of the market. Every market has its issues to overcome, from capitalization to predatory behaviour, why you hold a bias against one area of the market other than your very limited expereince concerning it, I do not know, it is however a theme of trading forums that has been appearing since the day they did, there is nothing to be gained by "proving" you wrong, the currency markets arent much different to any other, for your claim of near zero success to hold any truth we would expect to see it across the board.

As the way you make even your own living is very contrary to this, one would wonder why you even need to ask..

#54     Apr 17, 2013
  5. I can piss really far (at least I could when I was young before the prostate started swelling up.)

#55     Apr 17, 2013

6. Sorry, rhetoric doesn't prove your point. I guess I'll have to keep searching.

surf

#56     Apr 17, 2013
  7. the profits today are so silly, five more days like this and they will be interviewing me on CNBC, "the old guy who made his fortune betting on the US Dollar"

But then again, ten days ago they could have done a piece on how predatory brokers like ib rob old people like me of all their life savings in forex

like the man said, "90% is just money management, 10% is reading the market"

all these young kids today think they are very good at reading the market

they post on the forex forum

so that takes care of 90% of your competition

#57     Apr 17, 2013
  8. sheda

sheda

Why must you lie? There is no way you caught todays move, you werent born into ultra high net worth my freind and to claim you could trade the market by simply looking at a chart...

Lunacy on all counts.

#58     Apr 17, 2013
  9. I trained a rookie to trade FX and he's killing it. Fx is a fantastic market but once you can trade you should be able to trade any market, so why think of FX as different?

If I put up 2 charts and one is Fx and one is a stock, can anyone who says Fx is so different tell which is which?

Strange question from the OP, but then ET is a strange place.

#59     Apr 17, 2013
  10. well, I must admit, one of the crosses I created was was short gbp.aud, so you know that has got to hurt today

caught today's move?

Man, I have been in this miserable trade for a long time

just to bring it down to your small minded thinking (since I don't use stops unless I have a full load on) and everybody seems to be so enfatuated with eur.usd

I am short a full load from 3147 (and to be honest with you, I can't remember how I got there, it could have been the result of averaging down, or it could have been all I was left with) with a stop which I have posted many times at 3225.

and you know how this forex is, it can turn on a dime (usually my dime)

no, I have no interest in "ultra high net worth"

I'm doing just fine being small, I have always been small, and intend to stay that way, anytime I get large I just invest it in an index fund

what cracks me up is your disbelief I caught today's move. Why? Did it not fit into your small minded analysis?

Hey man, I was already there, it could have gone either way, and for the last week it has been going the other way.

If it makes you feel any better, I am down on this trade

I appreciate being called a lunatic

but when you call me a liar it hurts my feelings

why would I have any need to lie to someone like you?

#60     Apr 17, 2013
    VPhantom likes this.