Do full-time forex traders exist or is it just make believe?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by zbojnik, Apr 4, 2013.

1. As far as dealer scams,no. As far as retail being so far out of the info curve to make it pure gambling. Yes. surf

#41     Apr 17, 2013
  2. so far, since opening day, I'm making more in my illegal online baseball betting account than I am in my little itty bitty ib forex account

but the swings in that forex account are enough to make an old man feel young one day, and just about kill me the next

I usually make or lose more in one day than I use to make in a month

and if that isn't bad enough, then I start bitching when it doesn't move

yeah, I like forex, much more than I liked ES, because with ES you just have YM and NQ to spread against

when you start talking usd, things become a lot more interesting

#42     Apr 17, 2013
  3. The info curve which you can't access places the odds of success so far out of whack its simply not worthwhile. Whereas in stocks and indexes there are retail accessible edges they change but they exist.

Clearly I'm not talking about arbing dealers or other tricks. I'm talking straight directional trading.

#43     Apr 17, 2013
  4. sheda

sheda

Tell us more if you will, in what capacity do you deal with traders and markets?

#44     Apr 17, 2013
  5. I make a living investing in edges for my ultra high net worth clients. Every FX claim and trader that has wanted funding - didn't make the cut. Despite claims, promises and even track record several times. Retail level fx is bogus and you know it. surf

#45     Apr 17, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...you sell funds traded by successful traders, unlike yourself?

#46     Apr 17, 2013
  7. Yes. I Dont trade OPM in this environment.

#47     Apr 17, 2013
  8. sheda

sheda

You make a living directing the wealth of your "ultra high net worth" clients into other peoples operations and although "several" FX traders have propositioned you for funds, the entire sample group of "several" (LOL) has been a let down...

Its good to know the traders of every other asset class who have propositioned you were 100% successful, you must be well liked within the "ultra net worth community" however you lack the expereince to make such claims.

To your credit the barriers to entry for FX are so low one would expect there to be many more dreamers in this area, and to their credit, why the hell would they trade several thousand lots a month for someone else when on the back of their own functionality within a reasonable amount of time they can be doing it for them selves, with no one to answer to and complete anonymity.

#48     Apr 17, 2013
  9. I made $100 dollars today in my stock account

Did I make $100 or did the Dollar just go down by $100?

I don't think any conservative money manager can with a good conscious manage OPM without some kind of currency component.

#49     Apr 17, 2013
  10. Ok , but prove me wrong. surf.

#50     Apr 17, 2013