Do folks like TDAmeritrade?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by diggerdan, Feb 2, 2007.

1. i have an account at zecco. only $30k in there, but i get 10 free trades a month and have been happy so far with them.

i have a $10k account with scottrade. i like the local office, but i don't like their website much.

TDAmeritrade has historically been my broker (8 years). i've had $160k in there for a year or so...if you trade enough or have an account > $100k then the customer service is a little better.

also check out the brokerages services available at your bank. i can't say much about it since you need to keep balances of $25k in checking/savings to qualify - and i sure don't leave that kind of money sitting around - i'd rather lose it in the markets.

#51     Apr 2, 2008
  2. How is their "back testing" software? I wish scottrade had something like this. Anyone have I-zone...hows that platform?

#52     Jul 10, 2008
  3. birdman

birdman

i have izone but am so busy i rarely trade,

i might not be correct, but i think the only difference is izone is for usa residents only and the fees / pricing is different

you pay a monthly subscription fee for streaming quotes with izone (if you want them)

streaming quotes are extra,

plus you can negoiate better than standard pricing if you do lots of volume - or so it's rumoured

4xs account value for intraday 2xs overnight just like you would expect

i like ameritrade / izone but if i had time to trade a lot and were shopping for a broker - i'd look at sogotrade too

Peace

#53     Jul 10, 2008
  4. Ameritrade/iZone gives you rock-bottom commissions ( $5.00 per trade ), but you are not allowed any telephone support. It is for Internet based trading, and any communications are via e-mail.

http://www.izone.com/costs.html

#54     Jul 11, 2008
  5. The Medved's do.......LOL!!! :D

#55     Jul 11, 2008