Do folks like TDAmeritrade?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by diggerdan, Feb 2, 2007.

1. AMTD is great for investing and swing trading

i get $3 flat fee per trade, and free S&P reports, and various other research tools. also free level 2, etc.

it would be terrible for daytrading, since it is not a direct access broker.

if you want to trade the book, USE ib

personally, i have multiple IB accounts (roth account, general account, and an advisor account that i manage others money through), 2 AMTD accounts, and a tradestation account

in brief, AMTD- great for swing trading and investing. a $3 flat fee is great to load up on cheap stocks - 5k shares of a $2 stock. $3 commission!

terrible for daytrading

IB great for daytrading and futures.

#31     Jul 21, 2007
  2. ssss

ssss

AMTD is great for investing and swing trading

i get $3 flat fee per trade, and free S&P reports, and various other research tools. also free level 2, etc.

it would be terrible for daytrading, since it is not a direct access broker.
    ######################################

AMTD is direct access ,pay 10 $ for 5000 shares
    you would be direct

Optionsxpress is alsov direct

Ask both companies how use that

Alsov J.Medwed(today belong to AMTD) soft work with both companies platform

#32     Jul 21, 2007
  3. i am aware that medved's software works with both AMTD and IB fwiw. i use it.

IB Izone does not provide direct access to the book. it is $3 per trade - flat.

i have all the apex features, but do not trade through Apex due to the higher commission

#33     Jul 21, 2007
  4. ssss

ssss

IB -interactive broker is market maker

Most broadly price for 500 shares direct access -5$
    (thinkorswim as example)

AMTD take 10$ for 5000 shares .

IZONE by AMTD have not direct access ,that is correct

#34     Jul 21, 2007
  5. harkm

harkm

I have also been with Ameritrade since the switch from Datek. At first I was angry because I lost Datek but have been happy with Ameritrade Apex ever since. $10 a trade isn't bad for swing trading. There are no extra fees and if you don't trade for a while your account will not incur any fees. I trade through Medved Quotetracker and I have never had a problem. Also, I use mostly market orders(not at the open) and watch IQ feed and have never been disappointed with the prices. I actually would recommend them for swing trading.

#35     Jul 21, 2007
  6. actually, IB is $1 for 100 shares, but the price goes down as you buy more shares, so 500 (at once ) is not $5

if i recall correctly, it's about $3.50

the prices vary a bit if u use unbundled or bundled pricing.

i use unbundled for futures, and bundled for stocks with them

#36     Jul 21, 2007
  7. No, IB cut its commissions, they charge $1 for 200 shares, and half a penny more for each additional share.

#37     Jul 22, 2007
  8. ssss

ssss

whitster

actually, IB is $1 for 100 shares, but the price goes down as you buy more shares, so 500 (at once ) is not $5
    ###################################
    IB is market-maker .You accept that ,author not ...

(have had multiple problems in countries as Germany ,USA,Swiss)

Author point of view -it is only questions of time as market-maker/broker would received back this price difference and more

If you very low volume ,try mbtrading 1$ for 100 shares ,this
    is pure agent for shares ,but they rejected client which
    no will (non USA as example).

#38     Jul 22, 2007
  9. No, this is not correct. You can choose IB's bundled commissions, which charge half a penny per share, with a minimum of $1, so that 200 shares cost $1. You are confusing the minimum bundled commission of $1 with the price of trading 100 shares, which is only 50 cents after the first 200 shares has satisfied the minimum. You can also choose IB's unbundled commissions, which charge 0.35 cents per share, with a minimum of 70 cents, plus additional fees and minus credits for providing liquidity.

#39     Jul 22, 2007
  10. i stand corrected.

#40     Jul 22, 2007