Do females make better traders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Sep 28, 2009.

1. try this.

#11     Sep 28, 2009
    #12     Sep 28, 2009
  3. I left the date column free in this one but it has the formulae for fooling around with variations.

#13     Sep 28, 2009
  4. I'm on the hershey highway. It's fun.

Don't peek at those Excel spread sheets, rubberbird.

#14     Sep 28, 2009
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Be careful how you interpret statistics. If 200,000 men are career traders participating in this report and 30 women are career traders participating in this report and only 1 out of 100 women are among the "top" traders (and we're talking about those who wish to be known, not top traders overall who quietly make their profits), then you most certainly cannot deduce that men are better traders than women by this limited reported sample.

#15     Sep 28, 2009
  6. sakhter

sakhter

7. One thing is for sure: women do not start mags like Trader's Monthly..... LOL

#17     Sep 28, 2009
  8. Women can never match men in areas that take:

a)High Risk
    b)Profound confidence bordering on "macho" and heavy duty analytical work.

Women are more likely to avoid this field altogether because it is not "safe"

#18     Sep 28, 2009
  9. I have a sensing device on my computer that homes in on posts like yours.

There are several OCD's on ET that are really humorous; my sensor brings them up in pink or heliotrope.

#19     Sep 28, 2009
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

After reading all of the posts I feel that none of you guys who posted have been full time traders for any length of time. I've traded full time 14 years.

A few observations:

To the guy who posted 99 out of the top 100 traders in Traders Monthly were guys. And what was the respective percentages of male to female traders to begin with?

Next, given a 90% failure rate in trading who makes up that 90% mostly? Male or female?

As one who has traded in an office for a number of years -- who is more bull headed and refuses to take losses? A guy or a woman. A guy every time. It's a macho thing.

Tell you what. If you took 50 female traders and 50 male traders I'd take the cumulative net P/L of each and take the females. And I'm a guy.

#20     Sep 29, 2009