Do daytraders profit everyday? Or are they like me: one huge win one day, 10 losses in a row after?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Steven W, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Steven W

Steven W

To the point the one huge win in that day covers the 10 small losses on the 10 other days? It's frustrating not knowing when income is coming in. Is it possible to make it more consistent without scalping: 70% winning days in the calendar year? Mine feels like 30% winning days yet I'm still up for the year

2. Sounds more like gambling to me, but some will probably disagree.

bone and Handle123 like this.
  3. Dustin

Dustin

I'm right less than half the time but still make a good living. It's all about you r:r ratio. Whatever works for you.

Macallik, Hooter and Handle123 like this.
  4. Steven W

Steven W

So in a given week, you might lose money 3 of the 5 days if you do Nasdaq?

5. Dustin

Dustin

Yes, that is not uncommon for me.

6. Steven W

Steven W

Thanks. Not sure if I have what it takes then. I had one day this year I made 90k, then bled 6k daily for the next 20 days not sure when my next winning day would be... it hurts

7. Dustin

Dustin

I've been there, but you have to get those losses smaller and smaller. Always live to trade another day, and take some time off if it gets to be too much.

Jones75 and Macallik like this.
  8. Steven W

Steven W

I thought 6k losses were small haha. I'm trading nasdaq penny stocks with 150k buy in so that's like 4%. I guess the dream of being a millionaire is compelling to me so I put a lot for the buy in. It's kind of scary though. Last year I was down a lot and the last 2 months bailed me out

9. Steven W... you are not Steve W from the OG are you?

10. Steven W

Steven W

Nope

#10     Mar 6, 2018