Do Day Traders Rationally Learn About Their Ability?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Evermore2017, Feb 15, 2018.

1. brokers publicity and "educators" scammers help a lot

#41     Feb 16, 2018
  2. https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/

:) It is PACKED with un-vetted scammers. I reported two, a friend did to Ray personally. Utter scammers in developing nations using being listed here as a badge of approval to fool naive investors.

NT's response? they put in a disclaimer you only see if you link from the main NT corporate site.

#42     Feb 16, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I do have a couple sitting in the kitchen, but I work many hours on developing systems for future, Starbucks is like a break for me, to get out with people, socialize. I live on a horse ranch till I am as well as I am going to get and start working out soon. But what is funny, I only usually buy is Pikes Place regular coffee. I do enjoy the ride to where I usually go which is 3rd Starbucks as I pass up two others, we all have our favorite barista's.

#43     Feb 16, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  4. Buy Starbucks cups from eBay, or generic coffee paper cups, and write your name on the cup with a Sharpie pen marker...so it will kind of feel like you're drinking coffee in a Starbucks shop.

Buy a computer program that says your name out loud, or buy a parrot that says your name out loud. So you will know your coffee order is ready, o_O
    Buy furniture that looks like Starbucks too, and recreate mood lighting.

Have a custom electrical sign made for you...that says...Starrbucks. but instead of that green girl...have it showing your photo face.

All of this is actually completely normal. -- Other people have weirder hobbies and designs and life preferences.

Make your own coffee too wearing a Starbucks uniform. I'm pretty sure you can find one on eBay or online or custom made.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    #44     Feb 16, 2018
  5. speedo

speedo

That probably is normal for you LL :D

#45     Feb 16, 2018
    volpri likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

Thats good! ROFL

#46     Feb 17, 2018
    speedo likes this.
  7. volpri

volpri

Now Larry...i thought you were the starbucks type of dude..skinny tight jeans with torn knees...black rimmed spectacles...pf flyers tennis..etc. Are you not?

I have to say I cannot picture handle123 as a starbucks man....i have never seen any rancher...cowboy type...horse lover people in Starbucks. Although, I have to admit i have only gone there a few times as the coffee to me had a terrible taste. Now Tim Hortons in Canada that is a different story. Great coffee....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    #47     Feb 17, 2018
  8. Being devils advocate for a minute...

For people who ultimately cannot trade, would it be 'smarter' to quickly flame out at high leverage then use their time better elsewhere, than slowly grind down to zero over a number of years? o_O

#48     Feb 17, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  9. Xela

Xela

For people who ultimately just "can't trade" (and there certainly are some), perhaps, yes.

I think the problem with that logic is that some people might find that they are actually able to learn to, if they go about it more slowly.

Different approaches suit different people?

I'm convinced that an awful lot of people greatly overestimate what they can achieve quickly, while actually greatly underestimating what they might achieve more gradually.

#49     Feb 17, 2018
    777, comagnum, Jzwu2017 and 1 other person like this.
  10. themickey

themickey

How would one replicate the waitress's and the many females who come in for a thirst quench after working out at the gym?
    Cardboard cutouts I s'pose or blowup dolls.

#50     Feb 17, 2018