Do Conservatives Owe Obama A Debt of Gratitude For Ending The Clinton Nightmare?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Obama would like you to buy. For the whole bar. He will take credit for providing free beer to them. You are rich and can afford it.

#31     Feb 28, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

I was happy at the beginning but, seeing how she fumbled her chances with Obama, and how cool he stays under pressure, I currently tend to agree with those who think that she would be easier to beat in November, the country as a whole is very different from New York. Oh well. :)

#32     Feb 28, 2008
  3. LT701

LT701

whoever wins, we all lose

all 3 puppets hang on strings from the same people

it's a stacked deck, and the choice is an illusion

the key to control, is never letting the target fully understand that they really have no choice, because they might panic and rebel

#33     Feb 28, 2008
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I had a revelation recently... the target knows full well the goals of the puppet masters, the time for the huge economic collapse was not yet upon us so the target sold huge amounts of CDO's to the devil and made the Queen and her bankers dig down deep to stave off the collapse until the right time..... Kudos to the CDO sellers......

#34     Feb 28, 2008
  5. Almost, but not quite.
    Think 1968 and LBJ. Vietnam was a quagmire. Early in 1968 came Tet. These days, it's all the rage to point out that this was an overwhelming military victory, and it was.
    But this ignores the politics. At the end of 1967 the phrase on the lips of supporters of this war was "light at the end of the tunnel." So the fact that the allegedly flat-on-their-back VC and NVA could stage such a massive offensive was shocking, and ended LBJ's political career.
    In 1968, there was simply no way anyone seen as close to LBJ was going to win. Wallace drained away a considerable part of the support Nixon would otherwise have received via his Southern Strategy and law and order emphasis, but even that wasn't enough to hand Humphrey a victory, because Humphrey was LBJ's VP.
    This year, people are sick of Iraq. Obama and Ron Paul both tapped into this. Ron Paul wound up as the candidate of the geeks, while Obama got everyone else who was sick of this war.
    The ones who made a huge mistake are the Repubs for picking McCain. He's the closest to Bush's policies, like Humphrey in '68. He will lose because of that, even if some third-party spoiler comes in and drains, let's say, white working-class voters who might normally vote Dem and would never vote for a black man.
    It'll be close in the popular vote, like '68. But just like that year, the opposition will win, because of the unpopular war.
    BTW, there was a major crisis in the dollar that peaked in March of that year, with the breakup of the London Gold Pool. This year looks to be, if not a repeat, a rhyme.

#35     Feb 28, 2008
  6. Most guys on here seem to believe that English is the Disgusting Troll's mother tongue. Just check out the sentence above. "...to both those who Bush helped get richer..."?? What an abortion. My 7 year old nephew could construct a better sentence than this. No surprise - shit in, shit out. If only Bill Buckley or Chris Hitchens were here. They'd know best how to skewer the Idiotic Troll for this ridiculous sentence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Republicans have always said they're praying for a Hillary nomination. Now it's fairly clear that they're going to get Obama. I'm not sure I agree with those who say that either Obama or McCain are bad for the Republicans. McCain has what it takes to pull left leaning voters who just can't see voting for Obama, those who can't see the guy as the President of the United States. Ralph Nader is going to be in there again, draining away a few crucial Dem votes.

Isn't it convenient that the economy is suddenly the 'central campaign issue'?

#36     Feb 29, 2008
  7. Yannis

Yannis

I agree with Nick overall, other than the grammar nonsense... after all, we are Americans, let THEM try to understand what we say as we create a NEW (English, Spanish, Afro, Greek, etc) language. But, after this (brilliant) comment, let me add a few somewhat intelligent thoughts here:

It is not clear to me that the war is a lost issue for the Republicans. Those negative impressions peaked last spring and summer because of the bad news, but the news since then are good and getting better. There's now considerable probability that the Iraqis, faced with a possibly sudden American departure (after which, they fear, Iran, not to mention AlQaeda, will follow,) will pull their act together (eg, they just passed important laws that will act to reconcile the three dominant factions) and hand GWB and McCain a handsome victory. Americans LOVE that! We stayed, against all odds, and WON! A free and democratic Iraq, new hopes for the Middle East, etc etc, the spin possibilities are endless.

If that doesn't happen, McCain can play the opposite card, like, OK we screwed up, what do you want, the Islamists at your doorstep? Who is better equipped to defend this country? etc etc, the possibilities here are endless too.

What I'm saying is that, yes, Bush is unpopular with a 34% approval rating, but what about the 12% that the Democratic Congress gets? He's doing three times better than they do. I would not count the Republicans out yet - there's an excellent chance that the White House, at least, will remain on that side.

Depending of course on McCain's VP choice. How about Condi Rice? Any seconds? :)

#37     Feb 29, 2008
  8. =========================
    Good ones Yannis

And Investors Business Daily had a recent cartoon by mr Ramirez;
    Bill & Hill Clinton , on a ship,Bill tells Hillary,''Dont worry i smeared Obama Hussein with a turbin .
    & Ship is named ''Titanic'' .
    LOL with a belly laugh.

Hard for Obama or Hillary to win with their hatred of 2nd ammendment,
    micro meddling in private property,
    crooked real estate deals for both.:cool:

#38     Feb 29, 2008
  9. fhl

fhl

Do the Clintons owe Rush Limbaugh a debt of gratitude for extending it?:eek:

#39     Mar 6, 2008
  10. I'm kinda surprised Obam hasn't publicly congratulated Hil for receiving Limbaugh's endorsement.

#40     Mar 6, 2008