Do Coincidences Have Meaning?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oldtime, Dec 2, 2011.

1. kricka

kricka

Everybody! Even the best traders have their "bad periods".
    It can stretch in between a few days to a year.
    How to cope with the situation when we feel frustrated and lonely in the situation we're in? Nobody understand the terror we're are up against? Guys, there is a solution!
    We have to take charge of our own destiny, when it comes to what we're facing! The solution of the problem is relative easy.

Just lay back, take in the sun and enjoy to spend leisure time with the family and friends. It'll cleanses the mind, clear up our focus, and it surely makes us feel on top of the world again.
    What about the market? It's always there, no problems!

I am the of believer that "risk & money management" can keep us safe and protect us if we use it wisely. A subject worth consideration for sure.

Take care and be nice and safe trading!

#21     Dec 9, 2011
  2. yeah ok, but I'm talking about a long string of coincidences not just in trading but in all of life that seem to make everything including the bad times have meaning and result in a positive, even more than you imagined, outcome.

Is that just math? My intellect (what's left of it says yes.) A math student once told me that every possible outcome will eventually occur over a time period of infinity. Even the proverbial chimpanzees will eventually type Shakespeare.

So Opie's original question was, "Is there any value to attaching meaning to coincidences?" And so far the best reply was, "There is no such thing as a coincidence."

#22     Dec 9, 2011
  3. kricka

kricka

Bad luck and good luck do not exist!

If we can fully understand this sentence we'll be the greatest traders ever. On the other hand as some one else stated, we are humans after all!
    We react on feelings and emotions. We can not at times really understand the way we react in certain situation. Experience and memories will guide us, even then, we do make mistakes. We are what we are, humans, and I kind of like it!

Take care!

#23     Dec 9, 2011
  4. Synchronicity as proposed by Jung provides an interesting look at coincidences.

#24     Dec 21, 2011
  5. believe in God is good. that means you face the reality, not what you saw, not what felt, not what you touched ... those sensed information is always with some distorted "inner thinking". that is why the same market, different people get different things, even they see the same market.

believe in god lead you to believe : anything can happen in the market, it opens your eye, and see the market from different angles, not what you want to see, so more objective.

when people in a position, most just see the ticks that favor them, while not many other possibilities.

coincidence has nothing to do trading. when i go to bathroom, the market booms without me, that is not coincidence. I can be in the market before I leave for bathroom, just put a stop loss, when I come back, resume my oberservaion of the market. there is no connection between "boom" and "I leaft the market". whether I am there or not, the market still wants to do what it wants to do.

believe in god is the starting of trading wisdem.

my wife often asked me why I do not concern my overnight position and slept tight, I answered to her, I belevie in GOD. if GOD wants me to lose, I have no way to run away, if GOD wants me to win, no matter what I will win.

#25     Dec 21, 2011
  6. I started a short negotiation with God, myself. I said "If I win, I'll give you half". He did answer me,not surprisingly, (I have God on speed dial...:cool: )

And his answer was "You go first".

"Huh? You want me to give you half of what I expect to win first, before I even make that trade?"

God is tough at the table.

#26     Dec 21, 2011
  7. the1

the1

Interesting. When I began believing in God (not that I ever stopped) and studying the true message of Jesus Christ, things became much less complicated. In short, there is no such thing as coincidence. Everything happens for a reason. If, by chance, you're interested in some good books on the topic you can PM me.

#27     Dec 21, 2011
  8. ==========
    Trend-trader200/198
    Excellant points. My girl friend asked me once if i liked poerty. I laughed & said no:D But i knew right then the BIG trend changed ;
    it got like global cooling, real quick, in summertime..:D

Its amazing whata little spot gold or spot silver will do:D ;
    but since God is good, just cut the loss . And then shared some poetry with her-seek ''wisdom like silver'' Proverbs 2...;
    that wisdom literature is also named ''poetry''

50% is certainly an important level, in any market;
    10% plus love offerings are the minimum.

#28     Dec 21, 2011