Do CEOs lie to boost their stock????

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BlueHorseshoe, Dec 28, 2008.

1. a bigger problem is when ceo's are inept or just dont have a clue whats happening and just saying random things. You see it all the time.

#11     Dec 29, 2008
  2. No, it just seems that way. The fact that you see it all the time should be a clue that it's just an act.

They aren't inept, they just don't give shit about anything or anyone else besides themselves, their cronies and the money. That's all.

#12     Dec 29, 2008
  3. Specterx

Specterx

Makes you wonder whether insider trading should be banned. After all, everything the insiders do shows up on the tape. They can't sell a gazillion shares without tipping off price watchers.

#13     Dec 29, 2008

4. Seems Mozillo got out of plenty of shares when he saw his ponzi scheme failing.

#14     Dec 29, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Do CEOs lie to boost their stock????"

Can you make a shoe smell?

I can't remember the whole history of insider trading regulations but I believe it's a relatively new concept.

And I'm with you, sometimes I think it would be better to stop wasting so much money and effort trying to stop and regulate an activity that one way or the other IS going to happen anyway.

#15     Dec 29, 2008
  6. The answer: No.

They typically don't lie, I'd say 99% or more don't lie to boost the stock performance. They value staying free and their pay check, jail isn't a very nice place.

BUT**, they may or may not leave out information that would "reflect negatively" on the stock.

The conference call is a classic example if you get a good CFO or CEO that can dodge questions and "be unsure" about certain things. Quite funny sometimes almost to the point of ridiculously hilarious.

-troll

#16     Dec 29, 2008