Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PCanyon, Jun 3, 2004.

1. qll

qll

I guess you guys never heard the guy called Fairy, who is No.1 in Japaness future contests 3 times in 4 years.

He made 1000% 800% like 3 times!!!

He also wrote a dairy about his trades: why he made them and where to stop win or loss, money management etc...

#51     Jun 19, 2007
  2. Books
    I can only talk about what I know.
    John, a lot of time would come into work make a quick $500.00 on the open and go home. Kroll is known for pulling a million dollars out a signal trade (campaign). Just how much to you think they make on publishing.
    Livermore for sure in Reminiscences. Kroll read Livermore followed what he learned, did some million dollar trades then reported back.

#52     Jun 19, 2008
  3. Think that's Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon.

#53     Jun 19, 2008
  4. A gambler, NOT a trader who was broke when he died

#54     Jun 19, 2008
  5. You should really get all your facts straight. Livermore was anything but broke at the time of his death.

#55     Jun 19, 2008
  6. eagle

eagle

In your definition, a trader can't be broke, right?

The fact remains that he was unmatched, he is and he will be.

#56     Jun 19, 2008
  7. The Zweig Forecast was the top market advisory for the 15 year period between 1980 and 1995*. Zweig Forecast delivered a 16 percent per annum compounding return, the highest risk-adjusted return of any market advisory service during that time.

According to the AAII**, out of more than 50 stock-screens it operates, the Martin Zweig Stock Screen has been its top performer in the last eight years - up more than 1,700 percent between 1998 and 2006.

http://www.martinzweig.org/

#57     Jun 19, 2008
  8. Ansare

Ansare

I got a ton out of the Market Wizards books by Jack Schwager. Not only are they well-written and entertaining, but the insights were well, well worth the price.

Ansare

#58     Jun 19, 2008
  9. eagle

eagle

I like this.

Zweig says, "People somehow think you must buy at the bottom and sell at the top to be successful in the market. That's nonsense. The idea is to buy when the probability is greatest that the market is going to advance".

#59     Jun 19, 2008
  10. Mvic

Mvic

Mark Cook ($400 month) walks and talks daily as does Jeff Cooper ($900 year).

Anekdoten of the AHG thread walks the walk and has posted his methodology for free, it works for all time frames and is the single best contribution to ET.

#60     Jun 19, 2008