Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PCanyon, Jun 3, 2004.

1. This is the one guy I don't get. Does he really clear most of the Crude Oil traders? Why bother to give seminars about basically pivot lines? His answer, "I am the greediest person..." What gives here?

I can see his summer internships. Helping young people and possibly mining for new talents is a double edged sword.

The best part about the seminar I listened to was when the youngster in his son's class frantically called him at work. Hillarious!

#31     Mar 11, 2006

2. EASY. Steve46 "says" he's a "professional" trader but in reality what he "does" by his posts indicate otherwise (most likely a papertrader). What's so difficult about that concept?

#32     Mar 11, 2006
  3. Jim Rogers, 3 books
    George Soros, Alchemy of Finance

#33     Mar 11, 2006
  4. Jim Cramer, Victor Sperandio

#34     Mar 11, 2006
  5. squall

squall

Are you high? Stanley Kroll was a fucking awesome trader. Maybe people don't like what he has to say because it's not a bunch of crazy shit, but his books are awesome, and he was a real trader who made some really good money trading. He was definitely not just a theorist.

#35     Jun 18, 2007
  6. ssblack

ssblack

Charlie Drummond.

#36     Jun 18, 2007
  7. Trading is totally different than writing about trading.
    Psychology...fear, greed, lust...etc...

#37     Jun 18, 2007
  8. According to my copy of "The Professional Commodity Trader" by Stanley Kroll, he took $664.379 in 1971 to $2,985,138 in 1973. Much of this was managed money, but he took his own account beginning in July 1971 with $18,000 to $730,789 in September, 1973, a gain of 1,634% annualized (a gain many here at ET claim can't be done).

The book, written in 1974, described some of the trades he made during this period. I would not have included Kroll in the list by the OP.

OldTrader

#38     Jun 18, 2007
  9. This is back before derivatives like s&p's and most options. Back then they called guys like this buffalo's because they would buy something, then buy more at higher prices, trying to start a stampede. Things haven't worked that way for decades. Good while it lasted I'm told.

c

#39     Jun 18, 2007
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

All the money from his seminar goes to charity. Usually the "Make A wish Foundation". What don't you get? Yes, MBF is the largest clearing firm on the Nymex. Yes, he is probably the best oil trader ever to walk out of there. Yes, his protege Eric Bolling is the largest Natural Gas trader on the exchange. I'm sure Mark is greedy. He cleared 70 million in profits on the NYMEX IPO. Good for him.

#40     Jun 18, 2007